• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Status Update for Sidewinder: Luggage Bags, LE Goggle Bags and Rear Skid

Ironically, my dealer had called me right away this morning to read the letter he received from yamaha, which is what Mr Sled posted above. Thanks Tom btw.
I had complained right away when my sled came in. I didn't blame the dealer obviously, but let him know it wasn't right. As much as I agree with most of the above, I am more calm after talking with the dealer. He had told me a number of cat guys that had the RR skid were not happy. For the off trail and jumping guys it was fine. For the trail guys like myself it was not. I don't believe he was blowing smoke either. Sounded too stiff for just a trail application. Honestly, maybe I didn’t order what I actually needed. Maybe that's my Silver lining?
I still will say I am not happy with Yamaha's handling of it, though. How can they make the decision after the fact, unless there was some type of life or injury threatening risk the way it was? I didn’t get exactly what I ordered and they should've offered something to compensate/ make it right. The other thing that makes me wonder is who ultimately had control of this? Cat is the chassis builder. Did they decide they weren't making it as originally promised? And say too bad to yamaha? Are we putting the blame in the right place? Aren't the Cat guys actually getting screwed too? As stated above, if I ever get another new one, I may not Spring order. Yamaha definitely may have hurt their brand and reputation with this.
Btw, anyone interested in a goggle bag?

"Yamaha" has never used a real AC race skid. The AC RR skid is nothing like a real race skid....But Yami did downgrade you even from that.

Thank you MrSled for caring and sharing!

Although it is concerning to read about the rear "race" suspension change, I would encourage the spring surge customers to work through your dealer with your concerns. The dealer will/should voice your concerns to their Yamaha territory rep which will carry momentum back to Yamaha. Also, the product survey you get should be filled out and returned promptly.

I personally don't feel it was Yamaha's intention to make this change from the start. However, the necessary change was made and if the customer challenges them through your dealerships you may be somewhat satisfied in the end.

Just my .02 worth.

Yamaha tells Arctic Cat what sled they want them to build for them, they pay the money and that is how it works now. The Skids are made in Viking, Minnesota by Errico MFG. Talk to wherever the snowmobile division moved to for "Yami"...Canada?, Japan, they shut all their #*$&@ down in the US.

He had told me a number of cat guys that had the RR skid were not happy. For the off trail and jumping guys it was fine. For the trail guys like myself it was not. I don't believe he was blowing smoke either. Sounded too stiff for just a trail application. Honestly, maybe I didn’t order what I actually needed. Maybe that's my Silver lining?
What they were unhappy about was the stiff shocks. What we are pissed about are the thinner rails and smaller diameter cross shafts. Neither affect the ride but the durability and strength.

Class Action. Yamaha better take care of their customers or they are going to take a big hit in the following years. This pis$%& me off. I paid for something I didn't get. It will be the last Yamaha I will ever buy unless they make good on this.

I can understand *subject to change* as maybe belt model, gearing, shock calibration, boost pressure, heck even seat material. Would we all not be really pissed if they say had changed another of the main marketing features of the sled? Like perhaps the LED lights? What if it came to dealers with the old h4 bulbs.... No different then the crap they are trying to pull with the skid. I can see the response now. "After extensive testing we came to the conclusion that an LED style bulb was not needed and that the normal h4 bulbs not only met but exceeded in our light projection and performance tests." Heck maybe Yamaha would like to hire me to mop up their.... :crap:

You do not change something that you 100% used as your main marketing FEATURES.

Big page, Big pics, Big words "LE MODEL FEATURE"
20161021_210052_zpsyfhbuoft.jpg

It Does NOT Say 'FEATURES' Subject To Change.... Come on Yamaha MAKE IT RIGHT!!!! I am inclined to think a Lawyer would agree..... It's simple: Either offer the beefed up cross shafts or tell us we have unconditional warranty on the skid as far as component failure..... I thought customer satisfaction was important in business... I know it is in mine.

This is why I buy Toyotas, they back their products. Anyone have a brand new frame under their trucks? You won't see the domestics do this. Come on Yamaha, pony up!
haven't heard of usa built trucks needing a frame .

I will not shoot the messenger, nor will I blame the dealer that I paid for my sled, for they did not sell me this sled. Yamaha marketing with their literature, videos etc did, and to them I say you best make it right. I bought the most expensive sled in this line up for many reasons,one of them was the RR suspension, it is worth some coin in my opinion!
The reason I went through my dealer was their reputation. Great service, good prices on parts and they love turbos and SC..

So again Yamaha, Cmon Man you suck with your slick Willy scheme.

Yamaha tells Arctic Cat what sled they want them to build for them, they pay the money and that is how it works now. The Skids are made in Viking, Minnesota by Errico MFG. Talk to wherever the snowmobile division moved to for "Yami"...Canada?, Japan, they shut all their #*$&@ down in the US.
The cats will be exactly the same skid wise. You have said that yourself. Maybe different shocks for models. I highly doubt the 129 will not have the RR skid. That was shown at Haydays. The XC cat has a RR watered down skid. Anyone want to make a bet the Viper RTX LE and The Sidewinder RTX LE has the watered down RR skid? If in fact they do then obviously this letter is also wrong. Have to ask what that means. We will see shortly.

Tundra frame's fold over rear axle when bed is loaded near it's maximum capacity

I think he was pointing out that even though they needed new frames, Toyota ponied up & fully paid for brand new frame. My bud has a whole spanking new frame & they paid for rental truck while being done.

My question is does ''SR Race ready'' mean the RR ''racing'' suspension. When i pick mine up i'll throw in a bitch just to bend Yammi's ear a bit. Maybe it will cause enough stir for them to look into it before it hurts them again

Back