• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steaming issue

Harleywarden said:
Yamadog, i was riding with three others and none had this problem. they all felt this is strange and were not impressed. yes they were riding diff sleds, but i didnt pay what I did to have sled steam like that through all vents of the hood. next time it happens i will be posting pics.

It's pointless man you're not going to prove anything to this old farts, plus I don't think it's going to be an easy fix.

09 Nytro, got my pic on how it looks on the exhayst side by the reverse servo. read up yzm450 had the same thread, also take a look at my pic and let me know if yours is mounted the same way... looks to me like its mounted right. and it was def not sloppy superfletch it was an awesome ride sled performed really well just steamed me all up is all.

I saw it at 7deg f on river. It wasnt bad enough to do anything till I stopped but will keep a eye on it. Like I said will probably have to seal it off.

even sealing it off wont do anything as its wide open for the air to come through the front of that shield and under the hood.

keep me posted, thanks guys.

It's open on my sled to , I think you could seal it up better just have to mold something to the heat shield or make a whole new one the other side looks to be sealed better

Get a leather pillow and a hammer and bet one in shape to fit or an English wheel works well to !

09nytro said:
It's open on my sled to , I think you could seal it up better just have to mold something to the heat shield or make a whole new one the other side looks to be sealed better

Get a leather pillow and a hammer and bet one in shape to fit or an English wheel works well to !

You'd think Yamaha could have tackled that job when designing this mash up? It's not like cooling exhaust with snow hasn't caused icing problems in the past for Yamaha!

40 miles Sunday in 1.5 to 2 ft of snow @ 12 degrees F and no problem.

Terrible visibility snowing at 3 inches per hour but no steam.

TestMaster said:
40 miles Sunday in 1.5 to 2 ft of snow @ 12 degrees F and no problem.

Terrible visibility snowing at 3 inches per hour but no steam.
Oh man that was awesome wasn't it , Monday morning we woke up to -10 , snows been great so far this year

I've run mine at -15f through 2-3 feet of powder, and at about 6f through 4+ feet of powder, only steam was when I stopped, and to be honest, I found it kinda useful, like a self cleaning / defrosting.

Ran mine in a foot of snow -28c. Lots of steam also. And a lot of ice build up that makes some crazy racket when it disappears. That exhaust design isn't great. Probably won't be so bad in warmer temps

rxwhopper said:
Ran mine in a foot of snow -28c. Lots of steam also. And a lot of ice build up that makes some crazy racket when it disappears. That exhaust design isn't great. Probably won't be so bad in warmer temps
I think it's better than going out the back !

Back