• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stock 03 suspension setup for a bigger guy...

Grifter

Extreme
the way my suspension is setup now on my 03 is way too soft for me, just about everything hits hard (bottoms?) on it now.. whats a good starting point for a bigger guy (~250#)?
i really dont know alot about this suspension, so if you have pictures that would be even better!

LazyBastard said:
No pictures, but...

FRA to maximum (main shock front bolt is in a splined slot, move to position closest to the ground).

Then adjust the main spring preload to get your 50/50 control rod gap.

I just wanted to add a piture regarding what LB was talking about. FRA to Maximum
In the *C* postion or closest to the ground.

Attachments

• Suspension.JPG
    Suspension.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 125
thank you very much!
that picture is exactly what i needed. i think i could have found it w/o it, but that helps ALOT!

can you help me with "control rod gap"?
its all new terms i need to learn..

Grifter-

Set your spring preload to get the 50/50 on your transfer rods. That means when you sit on the sled the transfer rods will have equal gap on either side as shown in photo. A=50% and B=50% when fully loaded or sitting on sled. This helps the suspension from coupling too fast or not fast enough. Again equal gap while sitting on sled.

Attachments

• Transfer Rods.JPG
    Transfer Rods.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 124
Set your spring preload...

This may be a stupid question, but the ProAction track has two shocks and two springs. The rear has a cam-type adjuster, and the front is threaded like the front shocks and seems hard to get to.

When setting the preload for the 50/50 as you describe, do you adjust both? Or just the rear? If both, how do you adjust/match the two properly?

TTT

Any help here? Mine nearly has all the gap at the top. But I've also got what I think is an unusual amount of ski lift on power out of the corner. If I understand this stuff right, the transfer rods and preload setup like that should have given less weight transfer...

Thanks much!

Back