• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting over....lol!

Tried to add some traction to the outside, today.
Before I can get the stud to set into the silent nub, the nut is driving a hole through the backer.
These backers have an expiration date?!?!
Lol....next year's looking better all the time.

IMG_20230221_151835671_copy_2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20230221_144305563_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Tried to add some traction to the outside, today.
Before I can get the stud to set into the silent nub, the nut is driving a hole through the backer.
These backers have an expiration date?!?!
Lol....next year's looking better all the time.

View attachment 171735View attachment 171736
Sadly, I use aluminum backers for this exact reason! LOL

I'm not a fan of aluminum because after a few years they become brittle and crack or break.
JT, why don't you use the pro-series and thread them first?

Sorry for your troubles.

That little pad makes it hard for the stud to suck into the track. The aluminum backers will stop the nut and let it suck into the rubber. You will also need to tighten it again after riding it. I have thousands of miles on aluminum backers have only wrecked a handful over the years.

I always order a "non quiet" fully clipped track when ordering a replacement.

I'm not a fan of aluminum because after a few years they become brittle and crack or break.
JT, why don't you use the pro-series and thread them first?
Well, with the thought of snow coming here in the next days, thought I'd run some old studs & backers in the outside of track. I'm like, what the hell?!?! "Last minute Lucy" idea. Lol.
I always order a "non quiet" fully clipped track when ordering a replacement.
Yep, already started a Christmas wish list for next year.
They want an extra $100 to narrow it to 14". I'll have to think about that. As I don't know the advantage?
1) track
2) double backers
3)
4)
5)
It's gonna be a long off-season for somebody.

Well, with the thought of snow coming here in the next days, thought I'd run some old studs & backers in the outside of track. I'm like, what the hell?!?! "Last minute Lucy" idea. Lol.
Yep, already started a Christmas wish list for next year.
They want an extra $100 to narrow it to 14". I'll have to think about that. As I don't know the advantage?
1) track
2) double backers
3)
4)
5)
It's gonna be a long off-season for somebody.
The 14" will give you more top end. If your building a racer that might make sense along with a one inch lug. If you actually spend time on trails, I am not a fan of the 14" track or a one inch lug.

The 14" will give you more top end. If your building a racer that might make sense along with a one inch lug. If you actually spend time on trails, I am not a fan of the 14" track or a one inch lug.
I'm pretty sure the 1 inch lost in width is negligible as far as high speed runs. Especially for a guy like me. Gonna long way to go.
Brings me back to the 03 firecat days.

15 wide works fine
14 too
All around for both you’ll maybe like the 1.325
The stud pattern works well in it too
More forgiving on trail

Back