• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stoli's MCX Turbo OFT/Skinz Black Sled Build

I am changing the intake slightly. I got the "snorkle" kit along with K&N snow chargers for the intake. Didnt quite like the 90 degree angle of the snorkle kit. So I went to a automotive store and picked up a 45 degree angle intake section. Going to take about 4-5" of the snorkle cut it down add the 45 degree angled section and then the regular section. I mocked it up tonight without fully putting it together and it looks like a good angle with plenty of additional rise to it.

I also installed the AF guage tonight, bolted the Skinz seat down, installed the new Skinz front bumper.

Now we need some SNOW!!!!!

Stoli said:
I am changing the intake slightly. I got the "snorkle" kit along with K&N snow chargers for the intake. Didnt quite like the 90 degree angle of the snorkle kit. So I went to a automotive store and picked up a 45 degree angle intake section. Going to take about 4-5" of the snorkle cut it down add the 45 degree angled section and then the regular section. I mocked it up tonight without fully putting it together and it looks like a good angle with plenty of additional rise to it.

I also installed the AF guage tonight, bolted the Skinz seat down, installed the new Skinz front bumper.

Now we need some SNOW!!!!!

We are making it for you, just over a foot last night, and more in the forecast!!!!

By the time you all get here, hopefully will look like this...

IMG_4485sm.jpg

IMG_4467sm.jpg

IMG_4678sm.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone.

MTDream... I am looking forward to what the chef in you has cooking up after an epic day of powder riding.

Stay safe everyone!

Finally made some additional progress. Finished the intake mount. I went with a 45 degree bend and a lower rise then the snorkel kit that mcx sells.

Not sure what the red thing in the back ground is for this year :o| :o|

6f6f89ca.jpg

Installed the mountain addiction utility can and the Skinz brake light

b2f16898.jpg

And I got the Skinz front bumper installed.

2fa27480.jpg

Sled looks good!!! Cant wait to check it out next month, with any luck I'll be out in the mountains too ;)!

Stoli,

MCX boys will have to chime in, but that snorkel looks like it is highly prone to getting kicked, and flopping from bumps and jumps.....not that these things can get air :)

mtdream said:
Stoli,

MCX boys will have to chime in, but that snorkel looks like it is highly prone to getting kicked, and flopping from bumps and jumps.....not that these things can get air :)

I've seen that sled do it... even with Stoli on it!

PigsFly.jpg

mtdream said:
Stoli,

It is getting kicked, a lot. I have never had it fall off, even while rolling.
The tube is elastic and bend easily, so no problem there.

The snorkel is definately a must have thing on the mcx kits.

;)!

Dimebag said:
mtdream said:
Stoli,

;)!

Cool, guarantee you all know more than me on it, I just know I am hard on stuff hanging out....

Dimebag said:
mtdream said:
Stoli,

;)!

Cool, guarantee you all know more than me on it, I just know I am hard on stuff hanging out....

mtdream said:
Dimebag said:
mtdream said:
Stoli,

;)!

Hehehe, : hard on stuff hanging out....

Back