• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stoli's MCX Turbo OFT/Skinz Black Sled Build

ntm_08 said:
Hi, how did you mount the airframes to the TS bracket ? And did you have a gap between the front of the airframes and the plastic on the clutch side ?

:Rockon:

You can get 1 rivet into the outside rail on the boards on each side.

Yea there is a little gap in the plastic (Airfames are a little narrower).

I have been supervising this project for Stoli because he lives right across the street.

Sorry Stoli ;):D

The gap i`m talking about is in front of the runningboards. When the side (under) cover is on, there is a gap right in front of the left running board in to the clutch.

The skinz boards are slightly more narrow then the oem or others. Here is what mine look like. Where exactly are you talking about?

ee3f5927.jpg

Stoli, you can encourage the back part of that brack to fit snug under the air-frame...and then get one of the whiz bang rivets, and pop it from underneath...and glue that section also....

A little more progress.
Over the last few days I have been dry fitting the doghousing and custom fitting a OFT block-off plate with the Skinz seat.

e7bd1583.jpg

90ef6b2d.jpg

Finished up the front end tonight, added 2010 black powder coated spindles and Simmons GenIII ski's. Added the oil to the lines to the turbo and adjusted the idle scres. Installed the OFT Roll-Over valve and finished the lines to the air box.

abde6220.jpg

I am skipping lots of pictures. So if anyone wants any more detailed pictures let me know. Some I have and am just not posting every little pictures. Others I can take if taken easily.

Here is the build list I am working from. Not quite done installing everything but getting close.
Should be ready to fire up on Friday :-o :drink: :drink: :drink: :-o

Started with a 2008 FX Nytro 153

MCX 180 Turbo with Boost and AF Guage
OFT Black Billet 3 wheel kit
OFT Black Upper billet wheels
OFT Black Big Nutz kit
OFT axel
OFT Relocator kit with steering blocks
OFT roll over valve kit w/ tether
OFT block off plate
OFT IPVent w/ guage relocation
Skinz Air Frame Boards
Skinz Air Frame Hood with headlight delete
Skinz 2010 subframe upgrade Super Chromed
Skinz 2010 Front End Super Chromed
Skinz Black Powder coated Front Bumper
Skinz 08 Black 2010 design Rear Bumper
Skinz Seat
Skinz tail light
Skinz tunnel extention
Skinz Super Chromed Tunnel, Dog House, OFT Block-off Plate
Simmons GenIII skis
2010 Skinz black powder coated spindles
2011 Fox Floats with Evol upgrade
Timbersled rear skid
IceAge 162 rails
AntiStab kit
PowerClaw 162 track
18/40 gears
Yamaheaters with thumb boost
Lake Effect Billet riser 1.5" taller then OEM

18/40 gearing with boost?! :exc: :tg:

Sled looks good!!! Should be a like you got a brand new sled this year.

If your getting technical... And antifreeze

The 18/40 gearing is a left over from last year.
The recommendation is a 19/40. I inquired when I order about it and that I had an 18/40 already. Was told I should be ok. Hopefully we get a tuneup ride prior to heading west the first part of January to find out!!!

Anyone who else is running the MCX 180.... Wanna comment on the gearing you're running??

Wow looking good, when i came over with Scott to here his SDR undertunnel there wasn't much of a sled sitting there, looks like things are coming together quit nicely/

Did you get copper donuts and a BOV spring from Scott? I sent him a couple springs 2 weeks ago....maybe one was for you?

Work great on the 180 kit

Back