• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Strayed away from Yamaha

The Street Glide doesn't corner as well as the Stryker and is a little sluggish compared to what I'm used to but overall I'm liking the new Harley. I'm hoping with a few mods I can get a little better throttle response.

It's a 2014 with the 103 and runs great but definitely a fuel controller and intake are on my list of mods. I've already dumped a lot of money in some extras and I know it's only the beginning. Riding a Harley is a life style. I've attended several bike events on my Yamaha's and always had a great time but there's something missing when you're on a metric instead of a Harley. It's hard to explain, you're accepted by the Harley crowd but you don't really fit in.

I have a 12 road king classic with the 103, I removed the cat from the head pipe, way less heat, put on vance and hines mufflers and did the k&n filter setup that use's the stock cover, bought the screaming eagle race tuner and had it tuned on the dyno, what a difference in ride ability , the throttle response was better, less heat, bike isn't lazy anymore, Harley mapping is very lean for emissions

I installed a Fuel Moto air cleaner and a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak which has helped. I also partial removed the stock baffles and have been debating whether to gut the cat or wait until I can afford a set of dresser duals. How did you gut the cat?

I installed a Fuel Moto air cleaner and a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak which has helped. I also partial removed the stock baffles and have been debating whether to gut the cat or wait until I can afford a set of dresser duals. How did you gut the cat?

save your money on the dresser duals, the gutted factory head pipe works better, my tuners street glide is 120hp and 120 ftlbs of torque with his mods with the factory gutted head pipe. its about a 3hr job start to finish, remove the footboard and heat shields, take the head pipe off, I cut a door length and width in the convertor section that's behind the shield, removed it and had to use a hammer and chisel to get the convertor material out, then welded the cut out piece back in place, the shield hides it when its back on the bike, you won't believe the difference in heat, I bet its 30 degrees less or more, also your exhaust will be deeper in tone, my bike made 82hp and 105ftlbs of torque after tuning with the stuff I have done so far, my next thing will be Andrews cams

Attachments

• road king 1.jpg
    road king 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 67
Nice ride Grizz. Your bike is my favorite color on a HD. I bought a 97' FLTHCI last year and took the trunk off and added a Badlander seat. For sort of a Street Glide look. Love the whole HD thing. G.B.

Back