• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud height

NewViper

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 Viper RTXSe
16 RTX-SE,1.25 track
How long of studs are you guys safely
I have tunnel protector in
Thanks

Do a search for Studroes. He is pretty serious about the drag racing so he has max stud setup good for trailriding yet. I just use 1.375 on double backers so mostly just safety thing.

I have 1.575 Woody's Megabite studs in the 1.25 track on my 15 LTX with no issues. The tunnel protectors may be aftermarket. They are about 1.25" tall aluminum tube.

1222181155_HDR.jpg

Running 1630 triggers, no problem on the 1 1/4 track. I know of several others running these studs on sidewinders and 1100 cat turbos without a problem.

Anyone trying the stud boy lake racers?

I see you are running the angled backers. Any issue with them?

I am not running the angled backers anymore. I swapped them out for round ones mid-season 2 seasons ago. They kept spinning on me.

Wow I would not have guessed that they would just spin. Even with the 1.575's. I was looking at the 1.450 woodys. Not sure if I will go with the mega bite or stick with the gold diggers. How do you like the mega bites?

Wow I would not have guessed that they would just spin. Even with the 1.575's. I was looking at the 1.450 woodys. Not sure if I will go with the mega bite or stick with the gold diggers. How do you like the mega bites?

They are working well. I actually have them installed in 96 Stud Buy Super Lite Pro double backers now.

I have a number of new Stud Boy Power Point 1.50 studs that I could sell (same size as Woody's 1.45). PM me for more details if interested.

1206192331.jpg

They are working well. I actually have them installed in 96 Stud Buy Super Lite Pro double backers now.

I have a number of new Stud Boy Power Point 1.50 studs that I could sell (same size as Woody's 1.45). PM me for more details if interested.

View attachment 155249
Looks good. I had the power points before. I switched back to woody's. They are a good stud I just didn't have luck with them.

Looks good. I had the power points before. I switched back to woody's. They are a good stud I just didn't have luck with them.
I prefer Woody's as well but I have never heard of an issue with the Power Point studs. They are pretty much the Stud Boy version of the Gold Digger.

Back