• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

**studding warning **

Yank it out of there and run the wire over top of tunnel. Would be easy to do. Probably could use a section of original at back so it looks decent.

It's not the wire mold anymore that's the biggest concern..like the viper..there's a vent..but on the sw it hangs down ..eyeballing it 1/2-5/8" ! !
That surely reduces the maximum stud length..

Oh the Louvers. Ceramic coat the exhaust manifold and pound the louvre flat. Yes that might be a issue.

I had that issue with the Evo header which hung in hole a little to far! Pretty good pattern eh?
image.jpeg

So I did this. Notice this header is short like yours on Sidewinder. Just be careful. Gets real hot in there!
image.jpeg

Protectors are approximately 1.02" or 26mm and louvers in tunnel protrude approximately 0.315" or 8mm. I have W85 Warthog studs that extend Approximately 0.59" or 15mm past the lug. That leaves 0.118" or 3mm of tolerance which with a bit of lug deflection hopefully will be just barely enough hopefully. I wouldn't recommend running anything longer as there would be interference issues for sure!

Attachments

• 20161108_092839_resized.jpg
    20161108_092839_resized.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 309
there we go...basically .60 is maxed out net protrusion and Im going to try and stay out of the center approx 3 inches thanks again..

Protectors are approximately 1.02" or 26mm and louvers in tunnel protrude approximately 0.315" or 8mm. I have W85 Warthog studs that extend Approximately 0.59" or 15mm past the lug. That leaves 0.118" or 3mm of tolerance which with a bit of lug deflection hopefully will be just barely enough hopefully. I wouldn't recommend running anything longer as there would be interference issues for sure!
Saved me some time. Those are some serious studs! I should have plenty of space.

I just quickly came up with this pattern which avoids the center 2" of the track. You can use this in combination with our studding template. It has 144 studs down the center and 48 on the outside for a 137" long track. A similar design can be used/created for a 129" track.

Template Picture.jpg

Attachments

• 137 inch 192 Pattern.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 180
Does anyone think if the studs do hit the louvers it will be a light enough kiss to basicly machine clearance without damaging the stud? They did a number on that header and its stainless. Didnt hurt the studs one bit. It would happen under hard braking

I just quickly came up with this pattern which avoids the center 2" of the track. You can use this in combination with our studding template. It has 144 studs down the center and 48 on the outside for a 137" long track. A similar design can be used/created for a 129" track.
Is there a 192 pattern for it I see a PDF below the picture but nothing comes up

View attachment 122432

View attachment 122432

nice pattern tool...guessing its going to be the middle 3" that needs to be avoided....

Back