• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Subframe reinforcement

Sorry for the late post. Your supports arrived more than a week ago and just found the time to put them in. They are very well made and the installed was about 30 min. Thanks again.

Ruggybuggy said:
Sorry for the late post. Your supports arrived more than a week ago and just found the time to put them in. They are very well made and the installed was about 30 min. Thanks again.

Nice to hear from you! Happy that you are happy =)

Still have three sets left if someone needs reinforcement =)

Does anyone know what the dimension would be for hole center to hole center for the plates that Weldion made? i have some egged out holes and would like to get a set made and i do not trust myself measuring, especially with the holes being egged out. I could probably get close, but figured i would ask here if anyone knew. I see Weldion traded his phazer for a grizzly and has not been on here since 2018, but if anybody had some or could make the same brackets that weldion did i would gladly buy them as well.

thanks

Not sure how long you can wait but plan on getting Phazer in shop soon and replacing a bent arm so can measure then for you. My holes are not egged out as far as I know.

That would be great i might have to do it next year. I just decided it was time to buy a welder and used some brass rod to fill around. I know it could still use some reinforcement, but i decided to just paint it like it is for this year. I haven't even ridden the sled yet and I did see a tad tweak [very tiny twist, nothin suspension cant make up for :) ] to the front sub-frame so if i like the sled and decide to keep i might buy a used sub frame next year and reinforce that one and powder coat it.

That would be great i might have to do it next year. I just decided it was time to buy a welder and used some brass rod to fill around. I know it could still use some reinforcement, but i decided to just paint it like it is for this year. I haven't even ridden the sled yet and I did see a tad tweak [very tiny twist, nothin suspension cant make up for :) ] to the front sub-frame so if i like the sled and decide to keep i might buy a used sub frame next year and reinforce that one and powder coat it.
I welded in a washer to fix an egged hole on mine and its still perfect. The factory bolts don't give you much extra space so you have to make it out of fairly thin material or the locking part of the nut will not grab the thread.

I welded in a washer to fix an egged hole on mine and its still perfect. The factory bolts don't give you much extra space so you have to make it out of fairly thin material or the locking part of the nut will not grab the thread.
Yeah thats the main reason i didnt do any reinforcing this year, was i didn't want to deal with finding longer bolts. But if I keep it, it will need something better done next year. I am not a good welder by any means, and only have ability to flux core arc weld weld at present so splatter is everywhere. That combined with I have not had good luck welding washers and nuts in the past without melting or splatter galore kept me away from washer method this year. So just filled and ground, not worry about it until next year.

Back