• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

subframe ?

maniac

Pro
checked my subframe today and its got some buckles in the bottom plate. i have never hit anything just caught my carbides a couple of times railway tracks trailer etc. i always just do the prybar thing should actually carry one with me or should be a yamaha tool mounted to the tunnel. anyway my question is after i straighten it and weld in a gusset will it still do this are the guys that have welde in gussets having better luck with it thanks

I know grizztracks, who sells the kits, has straightened a bent one and put his gussets on it. Not sure if he rode the guesseted straightened one or not. He has posted he has taken some pretty good smacks with his new guessted one with no issues. Hope grizz can chime in. Hope that helps some haha

My gusseted subframe is holding up after 2 full seasons without any further twisting/damage. Skis, A arms, spindles are all straight, square, symmetrical and honky dory. ;)!

how are you guys determineing a bent subframe? what measurements are you taking and from where? i have a little wrinkle in the bottom of subframe but i feel no illeffects of this.

Take a look at your ski spindle angles, compare them against one another. Also, your skis can go out of alignment, toeing inwards becoming very darty on the trails. Take note of how the shocks are positioned between the A arms, again compare them against one another. They should be somewhat centered.

yam177 said:
Mine is all gusseted up and I have hot some things real hard with no bending on the frame. I bend up a-arms pretty good though.

If you don't mind, I would like to see some pics of your gusset pics. Did you make up your own or did you get some Yamaha factiory advise?

Thanks

So you guys are straightening your subframes by using a pry bar. Are you using the bar on the the A-arms? Does anyone have any pics of how this is done? I'm afraid of bending one thing while trying to straighten another.

I would like to know who makes the gusset kit and how much it is. My shocks are about 3/8" from the back of the upper a-arm on both sides. Does this mean something is fubar'd in the subframe?

LeeKo said:
yam177 said:
Mine is all gusseted up and I have hot some things real hard with no bending on the frame. I bend up a-arms pretty good though.

If you don't mind, I would like to see some pics of your gusset pics. Did you make up your own or did you get some Yamaha factiory advise?

Thanks

Attachments

• gusset.jpg
    gusset.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 68
  • spindle brace.jpg
    spindle brace.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 63
  • grandcitiephazer.jpg
    grandcitiephazer.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 60
  • walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 57
after buying my 2010 xtx I joined totally yamaha and began to read about bent sub frames. Last year I road 1500 miles with no issues. My first trip this year, after the first ride, I noticed my right shock was no longer centered in the A- frame. I've got to say, I didn't remember hitting anything very hard. There are no wrinkles in the center plate but the right shock is definitely 3/8 in rearward. I put 2100 mles on this year and it hasn't gotten any worse. I have a couple questions, 1. whats the chance YES warranty covers this LOL 2. Should I just ignore it for now and fix or replace it after it gets worse?

Back