• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sugestions for a second sled

rx1dan

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
03 RX1
I'm looking for a second sled for the family. I have an 03 RX1 and its suit me fine as long as I dont get it suck lol. I would like your opinions on different models.

I want something comfy for my wife to drive and who really never sledded before and for me I would love to have a sled that I can take to the back woods off trail for some fishing. I also pull a pelican sleigh every time I go out.

Does even such a model exits ?

I was in the same situation you are, looking for a sled for my wife that I can use for backwoods ride.

I ended my search on an Indy Voyageur 550.
Its got all the luxury my wife wants, light, no surprise engine, electric start, reverse, and flotation.
Much cheaper than any Yamaha unfortunately.

My best guess would be a Viper MTX , but that get's pricey ! Maybe look for a Phazer MTX or one that has been stretched to 136" . Many of the used one's have a 1.5" freeride tracks and wider ski's already.
My feeling on the four strokes off trail you must have a 7" wide ski to keep the front end up! If your sticking with YAMAHA. This will give you one of the lightest 4 strokes , fuel injection , good suspension. and plenty of torque to pull a ice fishing rig! in order for the wife to like it you must get the biggest windshield and side deflectors and shim the ski's to make them slightly wider and soften up your shocks in front to lower it. There are many great people on here that would help you set it up !

I'm looking for a second sled for the family. I have an 03 RX1 and its suit me fine as long as I dont get it suck lol. I would like your opinions on different models.

I want something comfy for my wife to drive and who really never sledded before and for me I would love to have a sled that I can take to the back woods off trail for some fishing. I also pull a pelican sleigh every time I go out.

Does even such a model exits ?

How much do you want to spend?

I have a 2003 Polaris 550 Fan 2-up that is my go-to machine for woods bashing, local off trail excursions, and general utility. When I toss the chainsaw on the back to clear the local forest seasonal roads, this is the machine I take. The ladies (wife and her friends) love it as it's not too powerful and very easy to handle. It's not something I'd ride for much distance, but around the local woods it's great. Cheap to buy too. No worries about overheating. Very light and easy to toss out of the hole if you get stuck.

Back