• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supercharger Vs. Front mount Turbo

DC5 said:
Need for Speed 2 said:
what are you guys running for tracks to withstand those speeds. i dont think any of my tracks will handle it .i know my sled wont go that fast either. not at current with a straight down pipe dumping into the tunnell. like eddy murphy said somebody put a banana in my tailpipe.

I am running a camoplast 9811R speed track. I won't run any farther than 1320' with that track any more. Next year I am going to put on a belt track and go for some big numbers.

What do you mean by at belt track, an asphalt track with picks????

So thats not really comparing to my ripsaw trail track then. With carbide trail studs 1.25" track.

how does a blower in general climb? I have only ridden with one blower and the snow wasnt too deep, but it still went straight up. how do they do? I am seriously very worried about getting my blower on and it not climbing like i want it to.

I am going with an MPI at 10lbs of boost, camo extreme 162x16 and i am at around 10k elevation. I ride with XRS, M1000, M8, M7, RT 1000. I dont want to be close to them on climbs and am worried that a supercharger wont highmark them by that much. Am i just thinking wierd? Maybe i havent seen enough blowers climb.

SoCoRX1 said:
how does a blower in general climb? I have only ridden with one blower and the snow wasnt too deep, but it still went straight up. how do they do? I am seriously very worried about getting my blower on and it not climbing like i want it to.

I am going with an MPI at 10lbs of boost, camo extreme 162x16 and i am at around 10k elevation. I ride with XRS, M1000, M8, M7, RT 1000. I dont want to be close to them on climbs and am worried that a supercharger wont highmark them by that much. Am i just thinking wierd? Maybe i havent seen enough blowers climb.

If it's not to late you should at least go with the stage II kit. I don't think you are going to give your buddies the complete a$$ wooping you want to with the MPI stage I. Remember you are going to be using some hp just to turn the blower and at that altitude you will want more boost.

So, it sounds like if you are a high milage trail runner, the supercharger.
If you want to run the lakes or are not putting on alot of miles and going far from Homebase, then the turbo.
This sound correct?

-1CS

1CrazySledder said:
So, it sounds like if you are a high milage trail runner, the supercharger.
If you want to run the lakes or are not putting on alot of miles and going far from Homebase, then the turbo.
This sound correct?

-1CS

An mcx rear mount would probably be just as reliable as a super and you would have more power and get better fuel milage.

I have an MPI Stage 1 and have made lite work out of the 1000's on several occasions. I love it, it has zero lag and other than the extra ponies it feels just like stock.

Thats what i want to hear. The one i really need to shut down is an 800 XRS with a very very very good rider on it.

i think i will be happy with boost. 240hp is 240hp isnt it?

Back