• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SX/RX1 GEARS?

rx1007

Extreme
I want to install a 23 tooth top gear in my RX1. I have an old one from my 97 700SX. Will it work? Is it the same width and spline size? Also, my speedo is fluctuating speeds while I'm riding. Any suggestions as to the cause? Thanks for all of the help.

rx1007 said:
I want to install a 23 tooth top gear in my RX1. I have an old one from my 97 700SX. Will it work? Is it the same width and spline size? Also, my speedo is fluctuating speeds while I'm riding. Any suggestions as to the cause? Thanks for all of the help.

Your speedo bearing is gone and now the gear is wearing away at the pickup sensor. Its located under your secondary clutch.

My bearing is good. Already checked it. Had that exact problem on my Warrior. As a matter of fact, does anyone have a speed sensor for sale for a 2004 Warrior? Any info on the original question regarding the SX/RX1 top gear swap? Thanks for the help. Any other ideas on the RX1 speed sensor?

A speed sensor from an apex will work to. I put an apex sensor on my 04 rx1 and its plug and play works perfectly.

Back