• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

talk me out of buying a skidoo over a Ntyro

riverrat

Expert
I want a new sled. Pretty much trail riding use. I like features of Nytro except gas tank and gauge. I dont have much seat time on a Nytro but currently ride an apex, love the engine but too heavy in bumps. I like the skidoo etech in x package or Adrenelin and it handles so well. Talk me out of skidoo!

If you want a Sled you don't have to worry about when you go out to ride then you want a Nytro. I know a lot of people that ride the Doo's and they are Light and a ton of Fun "when they aren't broke down".

There is a Sale on the trail tank as we speak. Get one of those and that cures your fuel issue.

The gauge can't really be solved but honestly how ofter do you look at the gauge when your flying down the trail??

dirkdiggler said:
If you want a Sled you don't have to worry about when you go out to ride then you want a Nytro. I know a lot of people that ride the Doo's and they are Light and a ton of Fun "when they aren't broke down".

There is a Sale on the trail tank as we speak. Get one of those and that cures your fuel issue.

The gauge can't really be solved but honestly how ofter do you look at the gauge when your flying down the trail??

Well put!!

The Nytro will mosty likely never have to be towed from the woods. The 'Doo maybe will have to be towed sometime.

I ride alone a lot so I really appreciate the 4 stroke reliability.

Mike

If you buy the Nytro, your hands will freeze while riding to the store! If you buy the Ski-doo, your hands will freeze while walking home from the store! It's a tough call. :Rockon:

My buddies brand new 09 Etech blew up at 2k easy miles and I had to tow him 70 miles with my Apex.

Attachments

• 2661_507014985997_25600702_30164396_2773274_n.jpg
    2661_507014985997_25600702_30164396_2773274_n.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 86
stopdropanroll said:
1050THMPR said:
If you buy the Nytro, your hands will freeze while riding to the store! If you buy the Ski-doo, your hands will freeze while walking home from the store! It's a tough call. :Rockon:

LMFAO

:rofl: I've read some not so good stuff on the '09 E-TECH, a lot of them BLOWING-UP due to running to lean, also when pushed or run hard gas milage S#CKED! I'm sure some others will chime in, after riding 4 stroke I'd think not twice but many times before going back to 2 stroke!...like 1 guy told me a few years ago...2 stroke lose their performance quick within 10.000kms or so and you need rings, pistons, cylinders etc...some don't even get past 8-10k, 4 strokes are the oppisote they start getting top performance around 5000kms and keep getting better for much longer period...20,30,40k without a glich! RELIABILITY is MUCH better and cheaper to operate on the long run.

There is no perfect sled...some have better of this,some have better of that...its personal preferences, options etc...sometimes it all comes down to your DEALER, service, loyalty...its a tough call to make.

Good luck ;)

You can upgrade to a new 09 Venture Guage or the new 2010 Vector Guage and they both will plug in and work and plus, which is the same guage as an Apex. You have to ask yourself this. How far apart are your fillups? If it's 80-100miles, then you will be alright with a Nytro. If it's more then, that's when the Nytro becomes an issue. Now you can get the aftermarket tank, but all you are doing is making the sled heavier. I live in Northern Ontario and that is where I ride mostly. I do also ride alot in the U.P. of Michigan and I have yet to see where I could not make it on gas. There are options to make the Nutro work for you and a 2009 - 2010 XTX seems to be a really good sled, plus the XTX will smoke the e-tec.

1050THMPR said:

LMAO!!!

I just added the Yamaheater to mine Problem fixed!!! ;)!

SledFreak said:
You can upgrade to a new 09 Venture Guage or the new 2010 Vector Guage and they both will plug in and work. You have to ask yourself this. How far apart are your fillups? If it's 80-100miles, then you will be alright with a Nytro. If it's more then, that's when the Nytro becomes an issue. Now you can get the aftermarket tank, but all you are doing is making the sled heavier. I live in Northern Ontario and that is where I ride mostly. I do also ride alot in the U.P. of Michigan and I have yet to see where I could not make it on gas. There are options to make the Nutro work for you and a 2010 XTX seems to be a really good sled, plus the XTX will smoke the e-tec.

Good point on the distance. I ride in Michigan so I can always make it to gas. I added the trail tank just for Piece of mind. I hate that empty feeling when you hit the 85 mile mark and your still a ways out from getting fuel!!! ;)!

You know, alot of people will say, well I can only make it 75miles WFO and I'm out on a Nytro. This may be true... Ever hold a ski-doo WFO (if it lasts longer then 3 minutes), the most you will get is the same which is 60-80miles. They are just as hard on fuel if you are holding Wide open. I've done it alot... When I'm on the lake or riding up North on the trails, when I'm averaging 80+mph, trust me when I say this, there is no OEM sled that has good gas milage. When the loud handle is wacked, there is no such thing as being good on fuel. Just some are worse then others.

So, I say this RiverRat... Change out the guage and don't worry about the tank...

Fathers 600 Etec ran flawless over 3000 miles last winter, with excellent fuel economy. Tough to beat that little sled, light weight and great mileage, his was also a renegade.

My 800R has a little over 3500 miles and I just sold it never skipped a beat. 90% northern ontario riding high speed and off trail in waste deep powder. Seem like good sleds to me.

Why if you are looking at a Ski Doo wouldn't you look at the 1200? So much potential. I wouldn't do this, but IF I had to make a choice 600e-tec or a 1200 4-tec. I would go with the four IMO

If you are going DOO go with the 4 stroke unless you like to work on engines, just ask me, I have rode Doo's for too many years and the new engines (series 3) have too many issues. Last year I bought a 1200X shorty, great sled and on the trails just as quick as my 800 was.

Back