• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD adjustable FPR issue

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. 137 - PEFI Stage 4
I use a TD adjustable FPR on my Stage 4 998 Cat. During off season, I run my sled once a month up to "re-lube" engine, circulate oil in chain case, etc. Been doing this for years. Today was the day and sled fired right up as usual. However, after about 3-4 minutes at idle, it started to misfire. I shut it off, re-started. Still misfiring. Tried to throttle it but it shut off. Upon looking at my TD adjustable FPR gage, fp was only about 25 psi. I cycled key a few times, no change. (I have a big PEFI fuel pump kit, with the direct wiring relay to battery). So I got my allen wrench and 1/2" wrench to see if I could adjust the regulator back to my setting. When I turned the adjusting screw, all of a sudden there was a click and the sound of gas flushing through the regulator. Pressure came back and I was able to set it correctly. Sled then ran normally.
It seems the regulator was stuck open but quickly came back when I turned the adjustment screw.
Has anyone had similar issues? Is this regulator prone to sticking?

Sounds like one of the many issues todays crappy fuel creates. I would put a good quantity of sea foam or similar product in the fuel and let it circulate, especially on your first tank of fuel you use when riding season begins again.

Sounds like one of the many issues todays crappy fuel creates. I would put a good quantity of sea foam or similar product in the fuel and let it circulate, especially on your first tank of fuel you use when riding season begins again.
At the end of each season, I pump out remaining gas, put in 91 non-ethanol with a bit of Sea Foam in it, and run it to circulate. Never had an issue until this time. I'll just consider it an anomaly.

Was just wondering if anyone has had issues with TD regulators.

I’ve seen the gauges mess up but never seen or heard of this problem

I had a turbosmart fpr that would not hold pressure with key on, engine off. It would build pressure to 48 pounds, then drift down to 0. While running, it would hold 48lbs, but sled would miss and cough intermittently.

Replaced it with a new one and issue went away. Now key on, engine off, it primes and holds pressure for 15-20 minutes.

Back