• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Non-Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I see Hurricane offers a pump upgrade with a new regulator but it's not adjustable. They say it's good to 500hp and is designed to run at stock pressure. I don't follow the logic. What am I missing?

That’s what I don’t follow. At the same pressure how is more fuel delivered?
Strike all that...that kit looks like a high pressure fuel pump & return line to the slipper.
Non adj. Regulator, doesn't make sense to me. "Scratching my head"

Last edited:
Volume. Are you datalogging?
I recently had someone tell me that even at 270HP, the stock fuel pump wasn't keeping up.
I thought the regulator was on the return side of the fuel system. So, how would that allow for more volume?!?!

I thought the regulator was on the return side of the fuel system. So, how would that allow for more volume?!?!

The Hurricane big regulator is capable of more flow with their big pump, if you tried to use the stock regulator it would over pressurize with their big pump and have too much fuel pressure. Big pump allows for consistent fuel pressure at high HP ratings.

Hmmm so why mess with an adjustable regulator? Somehow is self adjusts for ~200 hp difference?

Hmmm so why mess with an adjustable regulator? Somehow is self adjusts for ~200 hp difference?

Adjustable reg allows for enriching or leaning of the A/F of the base tune, non adjustable does not. Has nothing to do with power levels.

Hurricane also goes to bigger injectors at a certain level where others just up the pressure

Snowdust, real quick,
I've installed a big pump recently, as well as another member on Ty.
I do not have CL or data logging, adj. Fpr, he does. Both of us lost MPG of about 2mpg.
Unfortunately, my short ride of 85miles was heavy on/off throttle. (That's not how I normally ride) my afr was 11.9 to 12.5 which I assume is typical.
He could possibly have a bad O2 sensor?!?! He's looking into it now. He's watching the "poor fuel mileage" thread here.
Just coincidence?!?! Idk. Just letting you know. He is not the type that likes to air dirty laundry.. I can make a copy of all of his Cl, adj. Fpr, etc statements but I think you get the drift. No need to drag others in any further .
Screenshot_20240126-062040~2_copy_360x570.png

Last edited:
Been running this regulator(hurricane) since day one on my 2022. Big pump also. I ALSO have a TD adjustable. Few times running hard on race gas and testing I needed just a smidge more fuel, so I will put in the adjustable.. I was running a little lean testing on ice 1000.. Funny thing is it ran the EXACT same AFR on every tune that I have from TD.. No lights but low 12's. AFR on race fuel. Adjustable going in just for those times.. Trail riding I do not run the big tunes.. 240-270 is plenty for me.. I like to ride not race on the trails..

Been running this regulator(hurricane) since day one on my 2022. Big pump also. I ALSO have a TD adjustable. Few times running hard on race gas and testing I needed just a smidge more fuel, so I will put in the adjustable.. I was running a little lean testing on ice 1000.. Funny thing is it ran the EXACT same AFR on every tune that I have from TD.. No lights but low 12's. AFR on race fuel. Adjustable going in just for those times.. Trail riding I do not run the big tunes.. 240-270 is plenty for me.. I like to ride not race on the trails..
Both of us are running MS17. Jon, I believe you run MS17L?!?! When running eco or whatever are you seeing better mpg?

Both of us are running MS17. Jon, I believe you run MS17L?!?! When running eco or whatever are you seeing better mpg?
I got like 5-6 tunes i think.. I can switch between them with the phone/app.. I ran MS 17 lean at bents.. I tried all the tunes in testing on the lake. I need slightly more belt tension on MS 20.. Starts to slip right at the end of a run.. Any tune lower then this its fine no slip all the way up top on a hold. I only run MS 17 or powertrail or the one under that for trail riding.. Plenty for me.. I dont ride with guys that line up or any of that we just like hammering miles and having fun.. We run 50-70 on the grades not crazy aggressive. Just cruising and its so damn nice on the winders.. Nothing better then just cruising at 60 and lifting the skis.. LOL

I do not keep track of mileage.. I do know for a fact I get better mileage then a stock GT winder though.. We fill up the same pump and I always beat him by half a gallon for d]sure

I got like 5-6 tunes i think.. I can switch between them with the phone/app.. I ran MS 17 lean at bents.. I tried all the tunes in testing on the lake. I need slightly more belt tension on MS 20.. Starts to slip right at the end of a run.. Any tune lower then this its fine no slip all the way up top on a hold. I only run MS 17 or powertrail or the one under that for trail riding.. Plenty for me.. I dont ride with guys that line up or any of that we just like hammering miles and having fun.. We run 50-70 on the grades not crazy aggressive. Just cruising and its so damn nice on the winders.. Nothing better then just cruising at 60 and lifting the skis.. LOL

I do not keep track of mileage.. I do know for a fact I get better mileage then a stock GT winder though.. We fill up the same pump and I always beat him by half a gallon for d]sure
Right on....I was running MS17, just too lazy to switch it back. And I thought it would produce better mpg. Idk lol. Also running 6psi of boost at 60mph. Maybe the lower tune wouldn't run as much boost @ 60mph....again idk?!?!

Back