• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TEAM Secondary Conversion Kit

So what would be the better bang for the buck in your guys opinion??? Power Commander and Ignition module or this Team secondary setup??? Where would I buy this Team Secondary kit??

I think the best bang for the buck is the excell header with a clutch kit of some kind.. Whether it be, Ulmer's, Team's conversion kit or Bender... If you want to go for the gusto add Ulmer's filter kit (good Gain there as well ie. 5hp) and PCIIII. I don't believe the ignition module buys you much. The PCIII is only needed if you do the header and filter kit together. Either way, just with a header and clutch kit, I believe you will be good for 5-6 sled lengnth out of the hole and mid with a 4-5mph increase on top end.. Just my take on it..

SledFreak said:
I think the best bang for the buck is the excell header with a clutch kit of some kind.. Whether it be, Ulmer's, Team's conversion kit or Bender... If you want to go for the gusto add Ulmer's filter kit (good Gain there as well ie. 5hp) and PCIIII. I don't believe the ignition module buys you much. The PCIII is only needed if you do the header and filter kit together. Either way, just with a header and clutch kit, I believe you will be good for 5-6 sled lengnth out of the hole and mid with a 4-5mph increase on top end.. Just my take on it..

Man If I could get and extra 4-5mph with a header and clutch kit Id do it...that would put me ahead of the apex's witch would be really cool :Rockon: :Rockon:

nytrofly said:
So what would be the better bang for the buck in your guys opinion??? Power Commander and Ignition module or this Team secondary setup??? Where would I buy this Team Secondary kit??
If you are looking for corner-to-corner performance - without doubt the Team secondary clutch. The massive improvement in backshift that comes with a correct setup Team clutch is comparable to adding ten, twenty, maybe thirty something horsepower to the midrange. Also, the improved rpm consistency does not exactly hurt the top end. No exhaust change or injection/ignition tweak will offer anything close to this...
Where you will be able to buy it is pretty obvious if you read this thread...

Alatalo said:
nytrofly said:
If you are looking for corner-to-corner performance - without doubt the Team secondary clutch. The massive improvement in backshift that comes with a correct setup Team clutch is comparable to adding ten, twenty, maybe thirty something horsepower to the midrange. Also, the improved rpm consistency does not exactly hurt the top end. No exhaust change or injection/ignition tweak will offer anything close to this...
Where you will be able to buy it is pretty obvious if you read this thread...
With the overdrive what kind of top end gains can be expected?

Well it looks like the smart money is on the Team setup. So where can I get it?? Is Ulmer selling it??? I was on his site last night and never managed to find it anywhere!!

I think everyone should just wait to see what Allen gets for top end on a stocker, to see it will really prove on top end. The big gain for top end will be in the header..

SledFreak said:
The big gain for top end will be in the header.

Nope.

Top end comes from making the track go around faster. To do that beyond a few percent you need to increase the final gear ratio.

Since there is a physical limit to how fast the motor will spin without coming apart - and it's probably near that now at 9000+ RPM - gearing, through the clutches, chain case and drivers (even paddle height) is the way to gain top end. Of course, you'll lose acceleration by changing to a taller drive ratio without an increase in horsepower, but you'll get the top end speed if that's your thing.

Add a couple of teeth to the top gear in the chain case and go up a tooth on the drivers then play with the clutch weights to get your RPM back and you'll make more top end speed. You’d need to get another 900 RPM from the motor to see a 10% gain at the top and I doubt it will hold together for long spinning over 10-grand. Getting 10% by changing the drive ratio is a lot easier.

Dude, it's been tested a zillion times on here from better tuners then me and gearing it up has no effect on the XTX... This is all on snow coverd surfaces. Ashphault is a different story. You can over gear and over clutch on pavement. Evene if you did change the ratio, you may gain on top , but be slow everywhere else... Good Luck..

arteeex said:
Reading comprehension is key.
You are not saying anything new that is not already known here. Theoretically you are correct, but I would like to see it work in real world snow conditions. I also don't believe top end was the true objective in this post. I said the the header for increased hp, which pushed the hp up into the 9300-9400RPM range and with efficent clutching would net you a better top end then stock, plus improved acceleration. But hey, you already knew this..

Also, If you are trying to be smart, it's not working. You might want to go back and study the books, hooked on Phonics....

Opinions are welcome, but #*$&@&&^^%oles are not...

Back