• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TEAM Secondary Conversion Kit

Daranello said:
With the overdrive what kind of top end gains can be expected?
I have got absolutely no idea because top speed is not my thing (if you are looking for top speed only, the best idea is probably to take the shocks out or trade it in for a 00-02 SRX...). One of the "basic rules" from the good old days of dragracing was that only big hp sleds were capable of utilizing overdrive. No one would even think about it in Stock 500. Everybody used it in Pro Stock or Open Mod 1000. In the case of the Nytro I do not know, I have never tuned a ~ 130 hp sled for dragracing. Ulmer should be able to tell you.

The big thing with the Team secondary is absolutely not the possible top speed gains. The reason to get the Team secondary is all about massive improvements in backshift. Everybody that was into snocross when they were first introduced knows what I am talking about.

Alatalo said:
Daranello said:
I have got absolutely no idea because top speed is not my thing (if you are looking for top speed only, the best idea is probably to take the shocks out or trade it in for a 00-02 SRX...). One of the "basic rules" from the good old days of dragracing was that only big hp sleds were capable of utilizing overdrive. No one would even think about it in Stock 500. Everybody used it in Pro Stock or Open Mod 1000. In the case of the Nytro I do not know, I have never tuned a ~ 130 hp sled for dragracing. Ulmer should be able to tell you.

The big thing with the Team secondary is absolutely not the possible top speed gains. The reason to get the Team secondary is all about massive improvements in backshift. Everybody that was into snocross when they were first introduced knows what I am talking about.
Are you saying that the down shift is smoother and not so slam you into the bars?
For all you top end guys I ran a team on my 830 rev for years and ended up after different springs and helixs put the stock button secondary on because it had alot more top end , the team shifted smoother and wasnt violent on downshift, and held rpm without backshifting, also the team didnt melt belts boondocking like the button doo clutch but the doo clutch was faster drag racing and top speed by alot, hope this helps some!

rj998 said:
Alatalo said:
Daranello said:

Are you saying that the down shift is smoother and not so slam you into the bars?
For all you top end guys I ran a team on my 830 rev for years and ended up after different springs and helixs put the stock button secondary on because it had alot more top end , the team shifted smoother and wasnt violent on downshift, and held rpm without backshifting, also the team didnt melt belts boondocking like the button doo clutch but the doo clutch was faster drag racing and top speed by alot, hope this helps some!

Yep, that was what I always heard about Teams is that they work great, but the secondary does not allow for a full shift like the stock secondary. Great for oval racing and snow-cross and probably drag racing for 660ft, but top end, not so well. Of course, this is all from what I have always been told. Maybe it's different this time.

To be completly honest I found the stock secondary to make the sled more exciting to ride, throttle responce was alot better and alot more brake'ing also, which I like alot of downshift coming into a corner hard.

The early TEAM secondary design did have some issues with the springs binding and not allowing full shift as well as the secondary being a fair amount heavier than a stock secondary. The latest design from what I have seen in the limited amount of top end testing I have done will show at least 1-2 mph gain. I have not had a ton of time to do top end due to limited conditions. I would not worry about losing any top end though.

rj998, I would have to say possibly your TEAM setup wasn't 100% dialed in. This setup on the FX Nytro is smooth and has at least the same top end as stock from what I have seen so far.

WRONG me an big john from sled head racing found from testing it was awesome in deep snow and thats it, for the nyto it may be a whole different game, hey ulmer my buddie j. binner said hes right out by you?

Allen,

Dumb to add the Team setup to bigger power setups? Will it work well with boost if you are trying to get it setup fpr 660ft and corner to corner action. Instead of mountain or top end? Thinking more crazy ideas while she is going to be apart

rj998 said:
I do not know about that, my main experience is that downshift as well as backshift is quicker than any other secondary clutch. No matter what is causing the downshift or the backshift (your right thumb or a change in the track conditions), it kind of gives you the feeling of never being outside the engine power band. Probably because it takes your rpms back into the engine power band quicker than any other secondary clutch. When correctly tuned, very noticeable in the old 440cc snocross sleds. And even if the power band of the FX Nytro is a lot wider than a 440cc snocross sled, I still think it will be a noticeable upgrade for people looking for corner-to-corner performance (me, for instance...).

Srxspec said:
The early TEAM secondary design did have some issues with the springs binding and not allowing full shift as well as the secondary being a fair amount heavier than a stock secondary. The .

Yes to the first part..and...they shaved off 1# on the newer model.
They also changed the # of bolts for better support....and it has a slightely larger O.D.

I added the team at the end of the year and gained minimum 2-4 mph on my sled on the ice not sure about the snow as we were all out of it at the time. I am far from being dialed in but I'm a believer as I have had lots of time on the stock clutching and very little on the team and it has already out performed it.

sheetwright said:
Allen,

Dumb to add the Team setup to bigger power setups? Will it work well with boost if you are trying to get it setup fpr 660ft and corner to corner action. Instead of mountain or top end? Thinking more crazy ideas while she is going to be apart

Bill, I believe the Team setup will be more consistant from day to day and also provide better backshift than an OEM setup secondary. I will know hopefully more by the end of this week.

I will offer a summer sale on this setup.

FX Nytro TEAM Secondary Conversion Setup:
The kit includes the following parts:
  • TEAM Primary Spring
    MTX Billet Weights
    TEAM Secondary Spring
    TEAM Secondary Helix
    TEAM Jackshaft with bearing housing
    TEAM TSS-04 Clutch
    Suggested Retail: $725
    Summer Sale Price: $675

I would also recommend adding a primary clutch puller and alignment bar.

Clutch Puller Suggested Retail: $35
Clutch Puller when purchased with TEAM setup: $30

Alignment Bar Suggest Retail: $50
Alignment Bar when purchased with TEAM setup: $45

So if you purchased the TEAM conversion kit, clutch puller, and alignment bar all at one shot it would be $750 total.

Phone: 605-387-2833
Fax: 605-387-2883
Email: Srxspec@Gwtc.net

Hmmm your making it hard Allen,,, Do you do the Team or the Headers?? One Gives ya HPs the other harnesses what you already have!

Allen , will your Alignment bar work? Also, why would we need a Primary puller?

Back