• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temp Gauge

Anybody else interested in a group buy again if Allen is willing and able?

If there is enough interest I will contact Allen.

Yes it is backlit. Take a look at the link in Yummy's post or see it on Allen's website.

It is rectangular, thin, & flat which would allow it to be mounted with velcro or double stick tape to your handlebar pad.

KOSO makes a small temp gauge now, research it on the web.

Water Temp Gauge(Reference #908-120)
This mini LCD thermometer will give critical information on the engine coolant temperature. Its small size makes it easy to install. This unit is about the smallest and lightest temperature gauge on the market. The internal battery allows you to install it on any vehicle. Range is 32 degrees F to 302 degrees F with peak temp recall. Includes 1/8 pipe thread sensor. This gauge has backlighting and a changeable internal battery.
Instruction Sheet
3 In Stock
$75.95

Coolant Temp Sensor Mount(Reference #908-CTSMOUNT)
If you do not have a location on your engine to mount a sensor, you can use this sensor mount. Simply splice into a coolant hose and install coolant sensor (not included).

http://www.hiperf.com/ATV/acatalog/KOSO_Gauges.html

Very interesting! I like the KOSO programmable warning limit feature but I am not sure about the lack of a 12vdc input and the internal replaceable battery life.

Has anybody tried the KOSO and can give feedback on the battery life?

I was obviously looking at the EGT gauge when I commented on the warning limit feature. I just now scrolled down on the web page a little further and found the water temperature gauge p/n 908 120. It does not have warning limits but it does record maximum temperature.

The price seems fair and I guess I can live with turning it on and off manually to conserve the internal battery. Interestingly the picture shows it having one button but the link to the instructions shows two buttons.

In any case I am going to buy this one instead of the one that Ulmer sells. I will give you guys some feedback as soon as the snow flies again.

Does anybody know which hose and where I should tap into and which adapter to buy (18mm, 22mm, or 26mm)?

BlackGT where did you tap into for your oil pressure? Would this be the same place to go for oil temp? I've got an 08 Vec GT not sure if it would be different as far as an oil temp gauge goes. :pics:

Getting back to the topic "Temp Gauge".

Can anybody tell me the best place to splice in the temperature sensor fitting that is shown on the web link below? (scroll down to the temperature sensor "mounts")

Which hose to splice and exactly where? There are three sensor fittings to choose from (18mm, 22mm, 26mm) which one is correct for the hose in question?

You need the one for 1 inch hose or the 26 mm. On my warrior, I spliced it in the hode right on top of the head. You need to make sure it is a hot hose, not a cool water hose. They really work great. maxdlx

I would be interested in putting together a group buy for those that want the Ulmer Racing setup. I will be gone until Monday but let me put together some details and I will try to post back on Monday.

Allen,

Would you be able to get close to the price of the KOSO unit with a group buy?

I do like the one that you sell because of the external 12vdc connection that charges the internal battery.

Does it turn on and off with the power source, or does it stay on internal battery power when the sled is switched off?

Size difference to the KOSO? Maximum temperature recall?

Back