• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

test ride

Whitedust1, I took your advice and went up to Pat's today. We rode an '08 GT 121" w/studs and an 07 RTX wo/studs. Didn't like the RTX, but I did like the '08 better than the LTX I rode on Tuesday. I may still buy one and if by next winter I find I still don't like the style, I'll just sell it. I love the idea of a fuel injected 4-stroke, I just wish it came in more of a cruising style sled like the Warrior was.

I just bought a left over 08 GT and after about 350 miles I absolutely love the sled. Coming off an 02 Viper and there is no comparison.

I wasn't crazy about the engine braking at first either but would not have it any other way now. I find it very hard to judge a sled by a test ride. You gotta ride it over a variety of conditions to really evaluate the sled which basically means buying it unfortunately. I test rode an Attak and an Apex GT in Munising in 2006 and there is no way I would have bought either sled after that ride. As for the hand warmers there is plenty of help on this site to cure that. I personally am happy with the level of heat out of mine so far, but have never been a big user of them anyways.

On the other hand if you plan on pounding moguls and ditch banging you might want to look at a different sled. As far as groomed trail riding and lake running I don't think you will be disappointed with that sled. By far the nicest sled I have ever owned.

the rider forward isn't as bad as you would think. You didn't say how long the test drive was, but after a good solid ride the ride postion will disapper
and you'll never look back. Went from a 2001 polaris edge to a 2008 apex gt a month and a half ago LOVE IT

snerkman said:
But think about how much gas you're wasting staying on the throttle so long. I'm not a corner charging rider. I let off early, roll through the corner and hammer out the other side. I've never replaced brake pads on any sled I've owned so I must not be using them much even without engine braking. Current sled has 4300 miles, last one had 3700. And as far as the SRX feeling like a low rider, that's exactly what I like. Like driving a Porsche or Corvette. #*$&@ close to the ground and legs stretched out in front of me. Like a boulevard cruiser street bike with highway pegs. I don't like sitting upright like on my atv. I'm beginning to think I should just buy another triple/triple for less than $3k and use the leftover $6k for other things.

Gas don't matter. My triple Mach z free wheeled like unreal. Best ever wast almost 10mpg. Apex slows down off the gas. Mileage is always between 13 and 15. Staying in the gas doesn't matter much, imo.

snerkman said:
Whitedust1, I took your advice and went up to Pat's today. We rode an '08 GT 121" w/studs and an 07 RTX wo/studs. Didn't like the RTX, but I did like the '08 better than the LTX I rode on Tuesday. I may still buy one and if by next winter I find I still don't like the style, I'll just sell it. I love the idea of a fuel injected 4-stroke, I just wish it came in more of a cruising style sled like the Warrior was.

Pulled the trigger today on the '08 Anniversary GT. :-o 2600 miles, immaculate shape, warranty until Nov 2011 and Kip at Pat's was a great guy to deal with. He sold the sled new and knows the previous owner personally. Just took it back on trade when the guy snow-checked a new one. Highly recommend them. My buddy that went there with me yesterday is buying the RTX.

Looks like you guys are stuck with a couple new forum members!
:4STroke: :rocks:

Back