• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Arcitc Cat Float suspension thread

Nate I had posted my install in another thread and I thought it was at the beginning I this thread but I guess I was wrong. I had my front end off to get the ball joint update done but I will have it back on tomorrow night and I will get some more measurements and share them.

Beeze I find that interesting that you have had so much trouble. Lets hope you can get it straightened out for this year. It sure seems like the shorter track swaps are turning out to be more difficult.

Front arm hole is 10.5" from the center of the drive shaft. Keep in mind I did a small setback to run a 144" track. The front hole is also 1-13/16" above the string line. Front and rear holes are 31.25" apart center to center. Sorry it took so long to get measurements.

IMG_3308.jpg

All right, could not scare up any advice to my 07 m8 162 skid and challenger track into my 08 mtx

Well we're just going to throw this thing in there and see what happens.

stock drivers and all.

Dudes let me know if ya got any advice - computer is on in the shop

I hope you have a plan for new drop brackets because you will need some. The stock ones won't work and besides they are boat anchors anyway so be prepared to work something up there. Good luck they work great.

NUKNUK said:
All right, could not scare up any advice to my 07 m8 162 skid and challenger track into my 08 mtx

Well we're just going to throw this thing in there and see what happens.

stock drivers and all.

Dudes let me know if ya got any advice - computer is on in the shop

Post a pic of your current mtx front a-arm bolt location.

Nuknuk:

153 and 162 share suspension mounting locations on MTX and 153/162 AC skids also share mount locations, so you can use my 153 locations as a base to get you started. I have a pdf of the front mount location relative to the rivets around the front mount (and the front mount hole too), so you get an idea of where it is on the tunnel. Send me a PM if you need it.

OTM

Off Trail Mike said:
Nuknuk:

153 and 162 share suspension mounting locations on MTX and 153/162 AC skids also share mount locations, so you can use my 153 locations as a base to get you started. I have a pdf of the front mount location relative to the rivets around the front mount (and the front mount hole too), so you get an idea of where it is on the tunnel. Send me a PM if you need it.

OTM

Send me that pdf please. The 141 should also share the 153 and 162 locations.

Oh yeah got it all put together to the droop brackets and realized they didn't fit.

Got any recomendations for drop brackets?

Its lookin good though.

So I took some measurements on mine.

Center to Center of mounting points is exactly 31.25 as Nikolai has on his.

Front arm is moved 1 1/8 forward and 1 1/4 up from stock MTX location

I pulled a string through as Nikolai did (I have air frames so the string lined up pretty well through the holes)

I came up with 1 5/8 so very close to what Nikolai has which doesn't really make sense where he is running the longer front skid shock.

Driveshaft to front mount center to center I have 10 1/8.

beeze455 said:
hugger70mtnmax said:
I hope you have a plan for new drop brackets because you will need some. The stock ones won't work and besides they are boat anchors anyway so be prepared to work something up there. Good luck they work great.

IMG_2911.JPG

I wonder if your scale is reading right with a small amount on there. When I weighed mine I tried using my digital ounce scale that goes up to five pounds and just one bracket maxed out the scale. Not sure if they are exactly the same but they look pretty close.

OTM - I would like to see those locations. Thanks.

One question is do the 2007 162 AC front mounts fit in the stock mtx 153holes?

Then change the rear mounts?

Or the other way around?

Back