• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The big switch poll...

Did you switch from...

• Arctic Cat to Yamaha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ski-doo to Yamaha

• Polaris to Yamaha

• Newbie to snowmobiling---started w/ Yamaha

• Yamaha Lifer---switched from 2-stroke to 4-stroke

• Still own multiple brands/ no preference

• Total voters

91 Bravo
94 Puma 340
00 Summit 600 (wrecked with only 800km)
99 MXZ 670HO (currently in the yard)

And awaiting on my new 07 RTX ER.

The Arctic Cat Puma 340 was the biggest mistake I ever made, more troubles then it was worth. Bravo was probably the best because you can't seem to kill them.

Loved the summit but it didn't last long enough (95mph and a rough patch of ice can do that). Never had any troubles with my MXZ, but I know too many people that did have major engine troubles with theirs hence the move back to Yammi. I just hope that the RTX is as tough as the bravo and all will be good.

Arctic Cat my whole life then I switched to Yamaha in 2005 when I bought a new 2005 RS Rage.

Only 21 years old so don't have much history on sleds

1) 1996 Polaris XCR SP 600 NO MAJOR PROBLEMS
2) 1998 SRX 700 MISS IT
3) 2006 ATTAK AND LOVE IT

Cheers
JP :yam: ;)!

My list of past loves and nightmares:

78 nuvik
86 mx
92 mach 1
96 sl
96 sls
98 FIII
01 mxz 500
02 mxz 700
04 rev 500ss

Still a multi-brand owner here. It will remain that way until Yamaha can make a 150-ish HP mountain sled light enough for the wife to be able to handle it off trail.

Jim

Switch

I came from a 1976 John Deere, so i put down New. I have been riding since i was 11, bought the deere when I was 16 (1996) saved up my paper route money and used that sled untill 04 when I graduated college looked online and talked to a lot of people who had newer sled and most said if they had the money yami would be their first choice so when i read into the technology yamaha was moving into i decided to go with them. I have been moderatly happy with them. A few things I do not like and most of them deals with the dealer so pretty happy so far!!

:rules

i was raised on yammys so i know they the best. didnt buy my 1st sled tii 1999 cause dad had 4 sleds and all 5 kids could use them as we wanted to.

1997 et410 (betsy)
2001 sx500r (trail runner hot rod)
2005 rxwarrior

only have 50km on the warrior but it pulled real smooth during the km's i put on it.

My first sled was a Mach then in 02 switched over to an 700 MM Yamaha. 89 percent of my friends have doos and 10 percent Cats. Everywhere I ride are mostly doos, I'm a minority and love it. :Rockon:

It would be very interesting to see the same poll for all manufacturers to see how much industry-wide cross-over purchasing is taking place.

My other sled is a Firecat which I've been very happy with, but I made the switch to an Attak this year because I wanted a 4-stroke and Cat's new Jag is a little light on power yet.

my first sled was a used 84 silver phazer,it had about 10 000 miles when i bought it,rode it for 4 years with no break downs and then my biggest mistake,traded her in for a brand new 94 formula z.got to know my dealer pretty good as i was always there.still rode it for three years despite the three engine failures cause didnt have the $$$ to buy another one.finally returned to yamaha in 98 and will never switch again,98 vmax,then a 99 vmax,02 viper,then switched to 4 strokes with the warrior and this year a phazer gt and lovin it

I started with 3 Kawasaki's then switched to Yami. I've had 80Enticer340, 82 SS440, 84Phazer, 87Phazer, 89 Exciter, 96VMAX600XT, 96VMAX500XT, 98VMAX600XTC Deluxe, 98VMAX500XTC Deluxe, 01VMAX700 Deluxe, 03 RX1 red, 03 RX1 silver, 05RX1 candy red

Pretty much I've always preferred Yami, but in high school and college I could only afford the used Kaws.

Had an Exciter -91 with singelpipe. Probably the best "first sled" ever built. maybe the new phazer is up there to?

Then i had 700 SX -97 with alot of mod, ported, pipes, Viper Öhlins shoks and so on..

Last year started with a Rev 800 -04, Realy liked it until i started hitting the bumps.. Hated the rear suspention on that thing... Stiff in smaller bumps and then it bottomed out real hard... Was very tired after riding it because i hade to take the hits with my legs all the time... The best thing with it was the fact that i didnt buy a leftover vector -05 last fall! Instead a got a great deal this spring on a leftover -06 Vector SP (The vector SP is called Nytro in USA/Canada.) I belive the name was not cool enough for u guys so they changed it... Same as Apex, Attack... They are called RX-1 and Warrior in the rest of the world!! ;)!

Went alittle of topic there, :-o but now i have a Vector Sp -06 with Ulmer stage 2 and HC-X secundary. I have only got 400km on it yet but so far i love it... And the cluch kit make it an eaven better ride!!!

Man cant there be more snow soon??? :die

Back