• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Covid Escape Room

Prophecy.jpg

It's Waterskipping time for this guy....

I love the cameraman's comments.

Guys this is funny only because it turned out OK.....nobody broken up, paralyzed or DEAD.

I have cared (retired Rehab doc from major clinic/hospital)for multiple young men SCI spinal cord injured / paralyzed , head injured or multiply fractured from sled accidents and I feel I just cant not NOT say anything, I do not mean to be a kill joy to our fun BUT People do get Injured, paralyzed and DIE.

We had 30 yo experienced snowmobile riding guide from our area -went over backwards -and he is DEAD. It is not just those who don’t “no how to ride” as a few of my patients were professional snowmobile riders.

My point is ride have fun, enjoy but don’t fool yourself like the idiot cameraman who runs laughing to his bud, despite observing him being struck by the sled, actually landing on him, just assumes everything is fine and funny. Sorry my 2 cents.

Guys this is funny only because it turned out OK.....nobody broken up, paralyzed or DEAD.

I have cared (retired Rehab doc from major clinic/hospital)for multiple young men SCI spinal cord injured / paralyzed , head injured or multiply fractured from sled accidents and I feel I just cant not NOT say anything, I do not mean to be a kill joy to our fun BUT People do get Injured, paralyzed and DIE.

We had 30 yo experienced snowmobile riding guide from our area -went over backwards -and he is DEAD. It is not just those who don’t “no how to ride” as a few of my patients were professional snowmobile riders.

My point is ride have fun, enjoy but don’t fool yourself like the idiot cameraman who runs laughing to his bud, despite observing him being struck by the sled, actually landing on him, just assumes everything is fine and funny. Sorry my 2 cents.

I’ll second this - I’ve had two sled wrecks that resulted in concussions and big holes in my memory of the day. Both were my fault - 1st one I was young and dumb, second one I just wasn’t paying attention riding in an area I’d been in many times but not that late in the year so the creek was open across the meadow. Also had a horse wreck a few years ago that resulted in another good concussion and a spinal compression fracture. I’m as comfortable on a horse as anyone and been riding them in some capacity since I was born but sometimes things go sideways in a hurry. I don’t know how many times I or my dad have said “that was going really well until it wasn’t.”

With all of the violence that's been going on of late I've been thinking about what life was like when I was a young lad and came across one of my favorite pictures of back in the day.

Here's a pic of me and my friends taken back in 1964 trying to look tough. I ran with a pretty tough crowd as you can see back then. We were bad.

We used to roam the streets of Prior Lake, MN every day looking for trouble until it was time for lunch and then call it a day and go play baseball at night.

The only ones who were frighted or intimidated by us were......well, actually no one. My wife calls this pic "Boys with Sticks"

Bonus points go to anyone who can correctly identify me in the pic:)

upload_2020-6-1_19-43-0.png

Last edited:
With all of the violence that's been going on of late I've been thinking about what life was like when I was a young lad and came across one of my favorite pictures of back in the day.

Here's a pic of me and my friends taken back in 1964 trying to look tough. I ran with a pretty tough crowd as you can see back then. We were bad.

We used to roam the streets of Prior Lake, MN every day looking for trouble until it was time for lunch and then call it a day and go play baseball at night.

The only ones who were frighted or intimidated by us were......well, actually no one. My wife calls this pic "Boys with Sticks"

Bonus points go to anyone who can correctly identify me in the pic:)

View attachment 155584

Well based on what you do with your sleds you are the smallest kid holding the biggest stick!

Back