• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Covid Escape Room

Screenshot 2021-07-05 133230.jpg

Anyone else here on TY start their sledding passion on one of these from back in the day?

I did. Ended up running straight into a tree at the bottom of the hill the first time out. Totally out of control.

Picked myself back up and had a blast going down that hill the rest of the day.

Good times.

View attachment 162045
Had to use one of these for towing a sled out one day! Worked slick as snot! We tied to the front of the track and put under track. Pulled super easy

Anyone else here on TY start their sledding passion on one of these from back in the day?

I did. Ended up running straight into a tree at the bottom of the hill the first time out. Totally out of control.

Picked myself back up and had a blast going down that hill the rest of the day.

Good times.

View attachment 162045
I remember several kid crashes with these and TREES BUT the scariest was first time using one to tow a sled -chain case bad, track locked- and did not leave any track to drag——bad Idea the pulled sled goes off trail pulling me-the towing sled- into the bush on an off camber corner . taken a bit to fast- OK alot to fast.
Guys they actually work great like Jonlafon1 points but leave a foot or so of back of track to drag both slows the towed sled and keeps it behind you. Heck we saved a trip with a sled down deep in the bush buy using this technique with some roof flashing put under the frozen track-make that some of the frozen track

Back