• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The first mod

Basics like sensible length carbides and studs. Then the flap after I backed over the long one for the fourth time! Then came the fun ones.

first winter-c&a skis, chrome windshield, hauck performance stickers, painted exhaust covers orange, mtn handlebars, painted hood vents orange, mtn throttle cable, braided mtn brake hose

second winter-set of pro taper bars with 6" riser, studded track, ohlins rear shocks, handguards, blue idler wheels, LED lights, hotlzman nitrous kit-45hp, hauck exhaust

third winter-new track, anti ratchet drivers, removed 6" bar riser and installed 8" risers, bigger nozzle for nitrous-60hp, ulmer clutch kit customized for nitrous, 4" more padding on seat

i think that bout covers it

started right away with those wear bars(stock suck), gps, clutching, played with gearing, studs,exhaust, nos and filters, cut and ported head, shocks rebuilt and valved, and bronze bushings through out suspension. yet to ride it since having the head on down the list done. and they're calling for a little snow tomorrow at the cabin. LaLaLa

1st Year; red grille pieces, Simmons skis, skid plate, Whiteknuckle QC-1 exhaust, removed front beverage compartment/tool case, Holtzman Eng carb springs, Sport Chrome windshield, bar hooks, front shock covers and billet fuel cap polished tunnel (end of season).

2nd Year; Bar risers, Lefty DTC, MPI drycell battery, MPI transfer enhancement kit, MPI A-arms and Sportech handguards and removed anti-swaybar.

3rd Year; Modified FRA in stock skid, BOSS High Rise seat (both end of season). Bought wife's 900 RMK (SLP can, Simmons skis, belly pan, polished tunnel).

4th Year; 162" track, MPI tunnel extension, anti-ratchet drivers, modified QC-1 exhaust (cut and welded in stock x pipe), Fly bar and risers, red chrome windshield, MPI Stage 1 SC. Wife's sled; bar riser, Snobunje left hand throttle, Powermadd handguards, BOSS High Rise, SLP Flow-Rites in shockwells, SLP Hot/Cold air vents in side pannels, modified & installed RX-1 sport chrome windshield.

5th Year; Custom Cut decals from 509 Films and switched both sleds to PPD X-MT skis.

Jim

Attachments

• Polished Tunnel 002.jpg
    Polished Tunnel 002.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 125
  • RX-1 Stock.JPG
    RX-1 Stock.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 119
  • RX-1 BOSS.JPG
    RX-1 BOSS.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 118
  • RX-1 mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    RX-1 mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 124
  • SCRX-1mtn509Films3.jpg
    SCRX-1mtn509Films3.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 121
First mod with every sled for me is carbides and studs. they go on before i even think about riding it.

On top of the mods that came with mine used. the first thing I did was add reverse, synthetic chain case fluid, red LED's, Edge rear skid, heated shield wiring, changed oil/filter, filled the race gas tank and nitrous tanks and I'm now ready to ride for this year!!

Next year I imagine fox floats up front, simmons skis, billet skid wheels, possible apex seat and bars if I do not like the riding style.

I love tinkering with it!!!

700SCOTT said:
started right away with those wear bars(stock suck), gps, clutching, played with gearing, studs,exhaust, nos and filters, cut and ported head, shocks rebuilt and valved, and bronze bushings through out suspension. yet to ride it since having the head on down the list done. and they're calling for a little snow tomorrow at the cabin. LaLaLa

Is there someone out there selling a bronze suspension bushing kit? I was planning on riding my sled this season and making the bushings for it over the summer. The stock junkstuff is good for about one season. Also has anyone tried to make their own skid plate? I have access to a machine shop with material and I was thinking of making one out of alum.

Thanks Jeff

Back