• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The real reason Yamaha is not selling more Apex

I guess the 4 stroke longevity has put them in a good/bad position.;)! :o| :dunno:

8,000 miles, that's it? View attachment 144916
I passed 9000 this weekend! I'm over 1550 for the season.

I would love to get this animal past 10,000 this season. It's totally possible with the winter we are having. My wife will hate being a sled widow by then.

Mine turned 22000km on my 2011 xtx last weekend. Still runs as good as it did 8 years ago. Just regular maintenance and one track change last year. Nothing out there I want to trade up too yet.

And this is why sled sales have gone down, if it is built to last who will come buy to replace? The low mileage on mine will keep me riding for years :sled1:

I don't agree cause they last long. The other brands have sold many more and keep selling. It's what they've offered and done with the newer machines and brand loyalty. Tough market to sell too. And is Yamaha loosing money? if not why should they do much more of anything?

70 miles from completing a 4 day 700 mile trip and the donuts went on the 2013 Apex as the ODO rolled through 14,000 miles. Man does it ever sound awful kinda like a 1100 Cat without the turbo.

20190302_141316.jpg
06 er, ive owned for 11 years

This is hilarious to see because two of my friends blew their Polaris 2-strokes at 6,000 miles. Those things always needs a top end rebuild...

Keep racking up miles guys!!!

why my 16 i just picked up got a +4" riser and the 11 had a +3". when the seat is new it is fine for me. once it has 10000 miles on it it is not and i will wrp them when the time is right.

If that 2011 Apex had 4 inch higher seat & handlebars, I would be driving one of those right now .
I am only 5' 7" 160 lbs and 59 years old, it works perfect for me just the way it is!

This is a great thread! You guys are racking up some serious miles that for sure.

I'm still a bit new on this forum although I've been reading it for years... Anyway, yesterday I was writing a reply to a comment on one of the 2020 threads when it was locked and I got kicked out. I don't know how to start a new thread so I figured I would find one that fits and chime in.

Its interesting to read about the Poo, Doo and Cat guys having trail trouble and then comparing those comments to any trouble with a Yamaha. Any sled can have trouble...most of which could be maintenance or operator error.

I've been riding for 48 years. Grew up in Northern WI (Near Eagle River), but now live in Northern MN.

I only have Yamaha’s now and I’ll average 1,500 to 2,000 miles a year (less in the bad snow years). I do a few long rides, but mostly local runs and those miles are spread across all my sleds (old and new). I can’t really relate to guys that have had a lot of problems. I had to think really hard to remember the last time I did.

Back in 2011, my ’82 SRV’s float failed (bad gas and corrosion) and she died while flying across a lake in Northern MN on a vintage ride. We dragged her home with my ’87 VMax 540 that my daughter was riding. Got the SRV up and running and she has been smoking ever since.

In 1996, my ’95 VMax 600 ST’s crank cracked and the clutch fell off while flying across a lake in Northern WI…Big Bummer. Yamaha fixed everything for free.

Way back in 1973, I knocked a ski off a Homelite when I hit a tamarack…No matter, I limped home on one.

Over the years I have run out of gas a few times, but that was not the sleds fault. Walked home or rode with a buddy to get gas and off we go.

I have blown a few Doo engines and a few belts on the Homelites, Doo’s and Poo’s and even once on a ’78 Enticer 250. Cut the chunks off, plug and play a spare and we were back to having fun.

So, all this time, I had to have my Yamaha dragged home only twice.

As for the Vector and Attak… Gas and Go… Gas and Go… Gas and Go… and man I mean Go.

Gas, Oil changes and a belt for each of them and nothing else. They are Off or On. A Turn-Key snowmobile, simple as that. They run just like my Yamaha Sport bikes.

So... How many times have you really had a Yamaha break down?

Attachments

• IMG_3054.JPG
    IMG_3054.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 215

Back