• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The things I don't like about my Viper

The torx screws! Would prefer torx bolts or something. The mix of metric and standard bolts. The handwarmers could be better and utilize the screen for multiple setting like the nytro does. Don't like how cheesy the pod is (love the info though). Seat should match better.

Chassis seems really good and a good motor. That's the important part. Just wished it used Yamaha manufacturing practice, fit and finish and parts.

OK i'll give you that but I have already started to replace all of that - but I have done that with all the sleds I have owned. Those are petty things.

Don't sweat the the petty stuff pet the sweaty stuff :Rockon:

loudelectronics said:
Lol. You said things I don't like. Those are the things that drive me nuts.

I am just happy that it is a great sled to drive.

I do love it too - you saying nuts (&screws) drive you NUTS!!!!!

The one big thing that I dont like is how its hard to start after its warm. Went for a ride yesterday and a couple of times it took a while to start. And yes I tried everything thats been mentioned and my sled gets plugged in on a tender when its not ridden in a warm shop.

I know its on the ECU mapping so it would be nice if they would release a reflash asap!

apexgt40 said:
The one big thing that I dont like is how its hard to start after its warm. Went for a ride yesterday and a couple of times it took a while to start. And yes I tried everything thats been mentioned and my sled gets plugged in on a tender when its not ridden in a warm shop.

I know its on the ECU mapping so it would be nice if they would release a reflash asap!

It must be the stock guys I must have shut off 20 times while making adjustments and started right back up but my left side of gauge only lights up about every 3rd time :o|

Fit and finish is not Yamaha. Nothing ever lines back up properly. But overall a good sled so far. Only 36 miles on it.
If all I had for problems was the coolant issue. Which so far has been taken care of I think 36 miles and no leaks. I'll be happy.
Changing any oil is going to be a pain in the arse. Even tho I could probably do it blind folded since I've almost had everything apart minus the motor. Lol

They did do a lot on this sled in the ways that the average person would have to bring there sled in for simple maintenance. I don't think that will be an issue for most on this site tho. In all honesty the sled seems to have been rush to the market(us guinea pigs) rather then researched. One example of that is the lines that rub on the chassis. A simple bend would suffice. Lol

Don't take that the wrong way I do like the sled and so far have a lot of positive things. The sled rides flat and seems very stable with a low center of gravity. Boondocking is going to be different then on my apex no doubt. The motor pulls like a freight train. And the fox shocks feel like a big improvement over my old sled.

Subaru2006

X2

loudelectronics said:
The torx screws! Would prefer torx bolts or something. The mix of metric and standard bolts. The handwarmers could be better and utilize the screen for multiple setting like the nytro does. Don't like how cheesy the pod is (love the info though). Seat should match better.

Chassis seems really good and a good motor. That's the important part. Just wished it used Yamaha manufacturing practice, fit and finish and parts.

apexgt40 said:

Back