• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The things I don't like about my Viper

I got a great deal on spring check ltx se I'm giving it till Friday then looking elsewhere. Those ebay vipers are far from upstate ny

I got a great deal on spring check ltx se I'm giving it till Friday then looking elsewhere. Those ebay vipers are far from upstate ny

fit and finish

It will be a nightmare to install the side panel out on the trail in cold temp...think it should have used yamaha side panel fasteners instead of lock and swing together then wrestle with plastic panels, all the torx screw plating will rust before your eyes...could they atleast made the fasteners with metric machine threads and hex bolts for crying out loud...tore off the hood to access light pod...good luck getting it to fit back together...way too many torx screws into plastic...come-on at least add clips so you can reassemble...

The heat exchanger mounted at the front of the tunnel on the machine is a horrible Idea. wait till you ride it on a lake or river with alot of powder then stop ur sled. It will be steaming up like u been riding up behind an exhaust pipe all day in cold weather not to mention try and keep ur visors clear. The heat exchanger should of been mounted at the rear of the tunnel to keep the storage bag warmer and added weight to the rear of the sled for better hook up. Polaris assault has this idea and its nice.

Re: fit and finish

bigdog_mike said:
It will be a nightmare to install the side panel out on the trail in cold temp...think it should have used yamaha side panel fasteners instead of lock and swing together then wrestle with plastic panels, all the torx screw plating will rust before your eyes...could they atleast made the fasteners with metric machine threads and hex bolts for crying out loud...tore off the hood to access light pod...good luck getting it to fit back together...way too many torx screws into plastic...come-on at least add clips so you can reassemble...
The side panels are very easy to install. The torx fasteners do not rust. I've ridden this chassis for over a year and have never experienced what you are describing here.

I got 300 miles on it how and haven't had a single problem , starts everytime , no coolant leaks, side panels come off very easy and back on runs awesome and is 1000 times better than (well I'm bashing but) the nytro and It may not go faster than my apex but it will out handle that thing hands down

09nytro said:
I got 300 miles on it how and haven't had a single problem , starts everytime , no coolant leaks, side panels come off very easy and back on runs awesome and is 1000 times better than (well I'm bashing but) the nytro and It may not go faster than my apex but it will out handle that thing hands down

You must have got the same one I got inspected by inspector 12

Yamadog said:
09nytro said:

You must have got the same one I got inspected by inspector 12
I think so , he must have quit after he got done with ours ...lol.....

I don't like that it's so stiff I thought it would get softer with miles I got 260 already and it's still stiff. No dip sticks, no drain and fill holes what were they thinking, and the stupid torx screws. Wishing I haven't sold my Nytro :o|

Back