• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

this forum needs to pick up!!!

mtdream said:
has TY ever done a mountain forum ride?

Yes, Spray25 has hosted one in McCall Id for about 4 years now! Usually president's weekend in Feb.
The ones that I have gone to, we've had good time ;)!(thanks Spray) Different areas and types of riding.
Not sure if he will do one this year, probably will depend on what they have going on.
Hosting a mountian ride for larger groups can be a bit of a challenge. Due to the wide range of rider skills envolved.
Probably the best way is to break up into smaller groups of 4-6 riders. Then meet up at different points through out the day.

The advantage to splitting up into groups is you can match rider/sled skills and no one feels out of place or bored. As the day goes on, and you start to get tried or feel like your up for a bit of a challenge, just switch off at the next meet point!
Does require good radio contact, and some leaders who know the area though.

Mtnviper said:
mtdream said:
has TY ever done a mountain forum ride?

Yes, Spray25 has hosted one in McCall Id for about 4 years now! Usually president's weekend in Feb.
The ones that I have gone to, we've had good time ;)!(thanks Spray) Different areas and types of riding.
Not sure if he will do one this year, probably will depend on what they have going on.
Hosting a mountian ride for larger groups can be a bit of a challenge. Due to the wide range of rider skills envolved.
Probably the best way is to break up into smaller groups of 4-6 riders. Then meet up at different points through out the day.

The advantage to splitting up into groups is you can match rider/sled skills and no one feels out of place or bored. As the day goes on, and you start to get tried or feel like your up for a bit of a challenge, just switch off at the next meet point!
Does require good radio contact, and some leaders who know the area though.

Yeah, that is the value of like a West JellyStone area...there are BIG areas, that you can send a group to bang BIG chutes and a groupt o go boondock, and a group to go play on smaller hills, and meeting points is really really easy...

as to night life, there is plenty, and hotels is PLENTY, and if we have people stay at one place, they have a party garage that is big enough to have people just hang and laugh at the person having to fix the days carnage...Kurt at GoldenWest motel is a great guy and LOVES to take people out...he is a Poo guy, but we wont hold that against him...he is still great people and a very good rider...

I'm up for 1 or 2 trips further west this year, I was planning to hit Logan Utah again, last year was the first time and i had a blast!
I'd like to hit West Yellowstone as well.
Once the dates set. I'll block off some time.

gonna be a blast this year as long as we get all the global warming we got last year!!!!!

plannign about 5 trips up to BC as well as several back down to West, so we need to just pick some times that work...

gonna take the Nytro to a Dootalk ride up in Revy, that will be fun!!! am already getting crap from all my dootalk diehard friends...and several of them are now TYtalkers...

Back