• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This is a bad one!!

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
20201101_143107.jpg
20201101_151901.jpg
20201101_162800.jpg
20201101_163045.jpg

Crap. Looks like time to order the wedge, among other things. More than $1000 in parts alone?
I will be listing and pricing parts today and getting him a total.
I bet a new brake caliper isn't cheap.
The guy bought the winder from someone who deliberately covered up some damage and sold it.
There was allot of effort put into covering up.the damage.

Any revenge in the works?
He bought it 6 hrs away. At the end of last season. He should have inspected it a little closer when purchasing but the seller is a dirtbag for not being straight up about the damage!!

I know I have some good used caliper assemblies if you can't track any down local.
Sounds good Travis thank you!!ill check locally and see if anyone has parts. If not ill definitely be getting ahold of you.

Good time to up grade drive train bearings from the Chinese ones,see attached list.The Yamaha will have a different bearing at the secondary so that would be different p/n.

Attachments

• A62AF3FD-329A-4228-872A-1830A3DFEDAA.jpeg
    A62AF3FD-329A-4228-872A-1830A3DFEDAA.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 93
He bought it 6 hrs away. At the end of last season. He should have inspected it a little closer when purchasing but the seller is a dirtbag for not being straight up about the damage!!
He can go with a refurbished shaft/new up dated slotted bearing or take a chance that a new shaft is a interference fit.

He can go with a refurbished shaft/new up dated slotted bearing or take a chance that a new shaft is a interference fit.
I have a worn shaft here that will be getting either powder welded,submerged arc or welded at a shop locally and machined to a slight interference fit.
2021 shafts have been updated with a tighter tolerance but there are still old ones circulating so it's a gamble when order one.

Yes skf go in all the sleds I work on unless specified by owner

I have a worn shaft here that will be getting either powder welded,submerged arc or welded at a shop locally and machined to a slight interference fit.
2021 shafts have been updated with a tighter tolerance but there are still old ones circulating so it's a gamble when order one.

Yes skf go in all the sleds I work on unless specified by owner
How do you know the new shafts are a better fit?

How do you know the new shafts are a better fit?
Jearett mentioned on a live q and a

Here is a quote from Allen Ulmer
'I saw it as well, it was a Live Q&A. Top gear bushing has not been changed. Driveshaft clutch side bearing area has been addressed on 2021 models, but there's still old shafts in parts inventory that will have to get used up before you'll see the upgraded shaft coming through the parts side of things."

I am sure I got a updated one the last time I ordered one from yamaha!!!
20200928_134649.jpg
20200928_134748.jpg

Back