• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thumb warmer - doesn't really get hot

SRX Boy

Expert
Anyone have a problem with the thumb warmer not really getting warm enough? Handle bar warms work great along with the seat but thumb needs some improvement (and I use gauntlets for extra protection). Any ideas on improvements?

Get the kit barn full of parts sells

I agree about the thumb warmer. I took it back to the dealer, they tested it and said that is all the warmer it gets. Never had this problem before on any of my apexes.

mine gets too hot after a bit, have to run all on low. i use coldguards on all my sleds, i know not for everyone, but i could wear jersey gloves and stay warm.

The barn of parts throttle lever is like the apex lever and has better control of the heat out put than the stk. sw one .

Anyone have a problem with the thumb warmer not really getting warm enough? Handle bar warms work great along with the seat but thumb needs some improvement (and I use gauntlets for extra protection). Any ideas on improvements?
I have 3,350 miles on mine in some very cold northern Ontario riding. I hardly notice a difference between low and high on my thumb warmer. The handgrips get VERY hot on high and even in -40 temps I had to turn them down to low after 5 to 10 miles of riding. Even in the coldest temps, I never used high on the seat warmer as low even got very warm and I had to stand up on some of the PowerLine runs to let it cool off before planting the bum back on the seat.

My thumb warmer is subpar as well. I run it on High most of the time, while the handlebar warmers are on low. If I put the handlebar warmers on High, I cannot keep my hands on them after awhile. Too bad the thumb warmer doesn't work as well. I use the Yamaha version of skinz hand guards as well.

My grips are fine, the thumb sucks incredibly bad. My thumb will go numb on any cold ride. The thumb warmer only warms up at 7500 rpm. No difference between high and low....nether can be felt.

I just replaced one on my F800, so I started to see what I could do on the SW. Covering the backside did nothing.

One thing I found that I found signs of a potential fix, is pressing the contact pad firmly against the plastic. I way remove the adhesive pad, and use an epoxy instead. It seems like when pushing from the back, I can feel the heat through the thumb side of the throttle.

All that said, I don't don't if I get enough voltage below 7k rpm, or if the contact pad is indeed floating off of the throttle plastic.

Q. Arrius

I struggle with cold hands and with my conversion kit I can't keep the thumb warmer on high for long durations.

The kit really is a win win for ergonomic comfort and warmth. Got a text from my dealer Friday saying he ran the kit on his trip in Canada and it worked awesome.

I think many people forget how nice the Japan lever feels. I rode another sidewinder a few weeks ago when testing at Excell and the throttle was the first thing I noticed.

As an FYI...yamaheater rock supplies the plug and play box for the kits I sell.

Reactions: krm
I struggle with cold hands and with my conversion kit I can't keep the thumb warmer on high for long durations.

The kit really is a win win for ergonomic comfort and warmth. Got a text from my dealer Friday saying he ran the kit on his trip in Canada and it worked awesome.

I think many people forget how nice the Japan lever feels. I rode another sidewinder a few weeks ago when testing at Excell and the throttle was the first thing I noticed.

As an FYI...yamaheater rock supplies the plug and play box for the kits I sell.
What kit is a win win?

I never tried the Japan lever, how does the BOP lever differ from the stock SW lever?

Back