• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

Thinking of experimenting a bit, 3-3 wrap on secondary and ton of weight in the tip?

Quick question , if I add more weight in the middle is the sled gonna pull it or is it gonna be to heavy . Right now I have 1 inch in the heel and mid empty with a steel bolt and thick washer .should I put weight in the middle where it's empty right now . Thanks for the help

Quick question , if I add more weight in the middle is the sled gonna pull it or is it gonna be to heavy . Right now I have 1 inch in the heel and mid empty with a steel bolt and thick washer .should I put weight in the middle where it's empty right now . Thanks for the help
Aluminum with thin washer , you'll be surprised.

Just have to try it and see. Some Vipers like it and some don't.

Most I have seen like a little weight in the center.

So what should I use on my sled. I got mcx270 and have the HHY68 weights. Should I go for so much weight I can in the tip? what does the middle weight do? I'm goin to field test the weights tomorrow and trying to get it close to 8700

Start with 3/8 steel bolt and thick washer in tip, 3/8 aluminum and thin washer in mid, and 3/4 set screw in heel. Check and adjust from there. If you are still high on top end add to tip until you are at 8750. Then add to mid until you get to 8700. I have a stage 1 OSP and i am 58g base, 7/16 steel tip, 3/8 aluminum and thick washer in mid, 3/4 setscrew in heel with O-P-O spring and 46/40 helix set at 6-1 for reference. PM me directly for more info after you try this if you need more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed a Big Venom kit on my stock ltx se. No studs. Will the factory belt work okay? I've heard some guys are switching to gates carbon fiber. I'm sure this has already been discussed at some point but I didn't want to weed through 40 pages of threads

Last edited:
If you want to run the 8JP equivalent (stock belt).....use the gates 40C4313

This is a carbon fiber belt. This belt will last much longer than the yamaha belt

and grip better......

Stock belt will work with the kit, but washers may be needed as the rpms will be higher with the stock 8JP belt due to just a little more slippage than the Gates belt.

I've installed the carbon fiber. 40c4340. (8dn length) I've added shim washers and the belt deflection looks good.
:letsnow:

Hey guys, new here. Im pretty much doing the same install. TP big venom, gates 40C4340 on a stock stxdx. Just wondering where you get these shim washers for the deflection ajd. Or will any equal washers do? Blew my budget for now cause picked up the shaper bars too. Cant afford the new belt adjuster...lol. Thanks.

Hey guys, new here. Im pretty much doing the same install. TP big venom, gates 40C4340 on a stock stxdx. Just wondering where you get these shim washers for the deflection ajd. Or will any equal washers do? Blew my budget for now cause picked up the shaper bars too. Cant afford the new belt adjuster...lol. Thanks.

Dealer or Hardware store. Just make sure they are the same thickness. 1mm thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back