• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

Your spinning, that is why your hitting limiter down low. Try setting your belt down a little lower in secondary. 1/8” from top. That will soften the hit up a little for spinning down low.
What is your helix wrapped at? It might be pinching the belt too hard up top pulling your rpms down. Might have to back off 10 degrees wrap.
How many miles on your belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a new belt. Prob 200km on it.
I’m set at 6&1 right now.
I was thinking of trying it to 3&3 to see what happens. Then depending on what effect that has I may take the thin washer out of the tip to get top end rpms closer to 8950-9000.
I don’t understand hitting the rev limiter. I could spin my nytro on ice if I wanted wide open and it never hit it. Or any sled I’ve had for that matter.
Studded driving in hard pack at 20km and hitting the throttle wide open it’s not instantly spinning 100mph. It grabs, stands up and bangs the rev limiter 2 or 3 times?
It’s like the clutch is just to slow to start closing. Anyway I’ll try slackening the secondary to see if it helps it shift quicker.
Thanks guys

This is a new belt. Prob 200km on it.
I’m set at 6&1 right now.
I was thinking of trying it to 3&3 to see what happens. Then depending on what effect that has I may take the thin washer out of the tip to get top end rpms closer to 8950-9000.
I don’t understand hitting the rev limiter. I could spin my nytro on ice if I wanted wide open and it never hit it. Or any sled I’ve had for that matter.
Studded driving in hard pack at 20km and hitting the throttle wide open it’s not instantly spinning 100mph. It grabs, stands up and bangs the rev limiter 2 or 3 times?
It’s like the clutch is just to slow to start closing. Anyway I’ll try slackening the secondary to see if it helps it shift quicker.
Thanks guys

3-3 and remove some weight out the tip and add in the heel you will be close

3-3 and remove some weight out the tip and add in the heel you will be close
Yea normally that’s the ticket ^^^but you might want to wait on moving weight around until after testing. Some guys with HH’s are getting increased rpm on top end from less spring twist. Are you tuned?

Yea normally that’s the ticket ^^^but you might want to wait on moving weight around until after testing. Some guys with HH’s are getting increased rpm on top end from less spring twist.

Ya I’ll try to soften it off some and see what happens. I can’t put anymore in the heel. Have 1/4 buried with a 3/4 on top.

Ya I’ll try to soften it off some and see what happens. I can’t put anymore in the heel. Have 1/4 buried with a 3/4 on top.

Yea and if it feels laggy down low with less twist you may want to actually pull a little weight if it stops hitting the limiter.

Yea normally that’s the ticket ^^^but you might want to wait on moving weight around until after testing. Some guys with HH’s are getting increased rpm on top end from less spring twist. Are you tuned?

Different spring for viper kits. Midnight blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Different spring for viper kits. Midnight blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May be with the orange set at 3-1. In my application it's load hard the engine at the bottom and raise the rpm at the end

Been a couple weeks but we’re back in NB where there’s snow and got to try the sled after changing the setup.
Buried 1/4” in the heal under the 3/4, left the 3/8 alum in the mid, replaced the thick washer for thin under the 3/8 steel in the tip, and installed new 8jp belt
Yesterday was real hard and fast trails with great traction and still hitting the limiter a couple times when punching the throttle from a rolling start, worse from a dead stop.
Pulls good up to 120km/h with rpm at 8900-9000 then it started coming down to 8750 until i finally reached 140km/h wot.
Not sure how to get it to stop hitting the limiter on the bottom?
It’s like the clutch spins up to hit the limiter before it finally starts to pull in?
Seem good midrange, but maybe a bit to heavy in the tip
What’s your thoughts?

Have you check so its not belt dust in primary bushing?

Anyone is using Big Venom with an EVO stage 4 setup and can give me a good starting point for setuping my clutch kit?

Thanks

I believe Tim hank and terry are both on here and I’m almost positive they run that exact set up or did. Whatever those say to set up like I’m sure will be dam close if not perfect.

Anyone is using Big Venom with an EVO stage 4 setup and can give me a good starting point for setuping my clutch kit?

Thanks

This is a setup for EVO stage 4 with full exhaust and air bow mod.
48g base weight
Heel. 3/4 set screw
Middle. 3/8 aluminum bolt
Tip. 7/16 steel bolt + 1thick washer

If you need more info feel free to call us at Thunder Products Clutching. 906 484-1650.

Back