• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

putz21, have you done anything else to your clutches other than the TP parts? I'm looking into that setup...

I put some TP 14.8mm Rollers and have been running the O/Y/O spring with 3 Glide Washers in the Primary. Also, using 46/40 helix.

Conditions yesterday were just about perfect on the lake. I would have pulled a bit longer by my goggle lens in my 509 Revolution Goggles kept on flipping up when I would reach 90mph so I didn’t want my lens to go flying off. Would have been nice if I could have gone a little longer to see if I could have gotten another mph or 2.

I put some TP 14.8mm Rollers and have been running the O/Y/O spring with 3 Glide Washers in the Primary. Also, using 46/40 helix.

Conditions yesterday were just about perfect on the lake. I would have pulled a bit longer by my goggle lens in my 509 Revolution Goggles kept on flipping up when I would reach 90mph so I didn’t want my lens to go flying off. Would have been nice if I could have gone a little longer to see if I could have gotten another mph or 2.
You need to get down further man! Just squint over the dash.

Keeps it from peeling the edge off as belt wears. If the carbon strands catch on edge of secondary it will peel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

You can also adjust the heel. Pull 3/4 out put 1/4 in tight then install 3/4 on top. After doing this make sure weight swings all the way out. What belt are you running. How many miles on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been a couple weeks but we’re back in NB where there’s snow and got to try the sled after changing the setup.
Buried 1/4” in the heal under the 3/4, left the 3/8 alum in the mid, replaced the thick washer for thin under the 3/8 steel in the tip, and installed new 8jp belt
Yesterday was real hard and fast trails with great traction and still hitting the limiter a couple times when punching the throttle from a rolling start, worse from a dead stop.
Pulls good up to 120km/h with rpm at 8900-9000 then it started coming down to 8750 until i finally reached 140km/h wot.
Not sure how to get it to stop hitting the limiter on the bottom?
It’s like the clutch spins up to hit the limiter before it finally starts to pull in?
Seem good midrange, but maybe a bit to heavy in the tip
What’s your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a couple weeks but we’re back in NB where there’s snow and got to try the sled after changing the setup.
Buried 1/4” in the heal under the 3/4, left the 3/8 alum in the mid, replaced the thick washer for thin under the 3/8 steel in the tip, and installed new 8jp belt
Yesterday was real hard and fast trails with great traction and still hitting the limiter a couple times when punching the throttle from a rolling start, worse from a dead stop.
Pulls good up to 120km/h with rpm at 8900-9000 then it started coming down to 8750 until i finally reached 140km/h wot.
It’s like the clutch spins up to hit the limiter before it finally starts to pull in?
What’s your thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

What’s your thoughts?

This is kind of why I think these clutch kits are all hype, I don't know where I have ever read that any person with this clutch kit has had success with bottom end and not hitting rev limiter. Buy some 14.5 mm rollers though. It should help.

My sled grabs the 8dn so hard it lugs it off the line to 8300 or so and pulls to 9000.

Magna force weights, ypy 14.5 mm rollers. If I break tractions it still doesn't bang limiter

This is kind of why I think these clutch kits are all hype, I don't know where I have ever read that any person with this clutch kit has had success with bottom end and not hitting rev limiter. Buy some 14.5 mm rollers though. It should help.

My sled grabs the 8dn so hard it lugs it off the line to 8300 or so and pulls to 9000.

Magna force weights, ypy 14.5 mm rollers. If I break tractions it still doesn't bang limiter

Your losing a lot of performance if your only at 8300 on initial hit. You should not have to pull it down that low to keep it off limiter. If you spin off the line or initial hit and hit limiter, that’s a traction issue not a clutching issue.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Your spinning, that is why your hitting limiter down low. Try setting your belt down a little lower in secondary. 1/8” from top. That will soften the hit up a little for spinning down low.
What is your helix wrapped at? It might be pinching the belt too hard up top pulling your rpms down. Might have to back off 10 degrees wrap.
How many miles on your belt?

Your spinning, that is why your hitting limiter down low. Try setting your belt down a little lower in secondary. 1/8” from top. That will soften the hit up a little for spinning down low.
What is your helix wrapped at? It might be pinching the belt too hard up top pulling your rpms down. Might have to back off 10 degrees wrap.
How many miles on your belt?

I agree with Shagman, sounds like your wrapped a little tight. Take out some wrap and see what it does. What is your Secondary setup?

Your losing a lot of performance if your only at 8300 on initial hit. You should not have to pull it down that low to keep it off limiter. If you spin off the line or initial hit and hit limiter, that’s a traction issue not a clutching issue.

A sled being a little over loaded but not getting completely under it self but is hooking up will be a whole lot quicker under a sled that is in its peak but hunting for traction.

I have different set ups, in a 2 stroke application I can understand but torque gets you moving, power gets you speed.

Who knows what it used to say???

Last edited:

Back