• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To Ripsaw or not ??

Anybody that put a 1.25 RIPSAW on a 03 RX-1 or Warrior, was it worth the investment? IT will cost $500 - $600 (even with a used track) with 144 new studs ( & no, I don't ride without studs) Was hook-up much better even with the stock pro-action ? Now have 192 studded stock track & hook -up on deeper snow or ice sucks .What about top end was it affected ? Trying to stay in front of a buddy's ZR-900 , W'ere neck & neck! :rocks:

I put a 1.25 Ripsaw with 96 studs up the middle on my '03 for the final weekend this past March. The difference was very noticable. The extra traction on launch and especially braking was appreciated for the money spent. May have cost me 1-2 MPH on the top end but I can't tell for certain as I was two-up with my wife the only time I have run the track. I did notice some extra track noise compared to the stock finger track but that is my only complaint.

I recommend this upgrade!

Paddy...

I can get you a much better deal on a track that will hook up much better, last longer, and net more speed.

Here is pic:

Attachments

• IM001503.JPG
    IM001503.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 189
Traildemon said:
Anybody that put a 1.25 RIPSAW on a 03 RX-1 or Warrior, was it worth the investment? What about top end was it affected ? Trying to stay in front of a buddy's ZR-900 , W'ere neck & neck!
Just read in SnowTech in the Dear Ralph section where somebody asked the same question. The response was that there should be no top end loss going from a 1" track to the 1.25" Ripsaw because of the tracks design. Adding studs will have a marginal loss in top end, something like 2-3mph.

Why not look into getting the "Quiet track" Ripsaw track from Arctic Cat?
It's the same track as the Ripsaw, plus it has little ramps built into the track where the idler wheels travel.
It is said that it reduces the "track howl" that has afflicted many an RX/RS rider.

I have an 03 RX1 and the track that came on it belongs on a 340 not a 1000.
I installed a Ski Doo 1 1/4 track at the time, it was the best thing I ever did for that sled, it hooks and books now.
The ripsaw came standard on my 04 Warrior and I love it.
It also came standard on my RS Venture and that is perfect also.

Go for it you won't miss the money with the big smile on you face :Rockon:

I agree....been there done that. Any 1.25" sneaker will give you increased performane over the 1" nipple design. Keep eye out in classifieds...maybe even post your looking to buy. You won't regret it.

I had 192 pick in both my 1" and 1.25" track. Turned like a tank but man did it hook up !

Go with the Kimpex shotgun, its only $369 at shadetree. It has open windows on every row (more snow into lube slides, it is clipped every other window (better movement on slides less friction) it is about 13 lbs lighter than the 1" stock track. I got mine but am still waiting on the Bender RA rear suspension. I studded the 96 pre molded (re-inforced holes) in about twenty minutes and it was ready to go on the sled.

When I had my 2003 RX1 I immediately put a Camoplast Fully Clipped 9833 with extrovert drivers on.

The 9833 (IMHO) is one of the best paddle tracks around and the deep snow performance was incredible. Very similar to RX-Daves track.

I have a 121 in my 03 and i changed it to ripsaw last year and couldnt believe difference in hook up I also had 192 in my stock track and it turned like a tank and then some i took 100 out and it was another sled I have 96 in the saw and it hooks ok. I am goint to a 136 track and suspension so mine will be for sale it has about 800 miles on it and extra 100 or so new studs woody`s ss

Back