• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To Ripsaw or not ??

Here is the shotgun w/ 96 studs.

Attachments

• track_small1.jpg
    track_small1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 108

Reason that the Ripsaw sells so well, is that it is the first 1.25 that people have tried (and it came stock on their sled). Honestly, the thing is like a BFG All Terrain Tire, jack of all trades, good at none.

I have had a 1.25 on my sleds since 2001, when I put a 9813 on my MXZ and never looked back. I have had 4 1.25"+ tracks including the ripsaw, and IMO, there are better hooking 1" tracks than the ripsaw. Iff trail, it hooks no better than a .875 track, on trail, the lugs are not rigid enough to get the bite of that of a "real" 1.25 track.

9813 is awesome snow-cross loose to med trail track, The 1602-160 AC SnoPro (what comes on this year's ZR900 snow pro, a 121" of what I have) is a 1.375 paddle that is EXTREMELY durable, light, has low rolling resistance, and is priced right. A friend has the same track on his 03 F7 with 6500+ miles of hard pack and lake racing, and it has held up superbly, and on trail and off, it will out work the Ripsaw 2 - 1. Honestly, IMO the Hacksaw is more aggressive of a track.

Like I said earlier, the ripsaw is like putting 10" of lift on your Chevy Truck and putting All Terrain 35" tires on it. A little research will point you in the right direction.

One exception, the Cat Quite-Drive track (same as on the cross fire) does roll very vell, the trade off, it is fully clipped and is heavy. Pushing 47 lbs in a 136" (mine is 39 lbs, and is .125" taller and more aggressive lug)8 Lbs of rotating mass IS HUGE. Like loosing 40+ lbs of stationarry mass when compared on acceleration.

Look at all of these factors, and the type of riding, and you can applicate the proper track. That is why they make so many. It will make you much happier.

THANKS for all the replys guys ;)! (any more?) I ride mostly ON trail with the occasional lake runs or field play here in michigan, which can mean a foot or more of hard pack , or powder, or glare ICE . The ripsaw seems to fit the bill , or maybe the 9813. There's a few ripsaw's on the used market for 2 - $300, so it's hard to beat that!
Second part of this deal is, will the 1in. cone style RX track (w/192 studs) fit on the wifes 98 XT 600 VMAX ?
P.S. Daveyboy you have a PM :rocks:

Back