• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

top rpm 8300

rooney15

i can hold my sled wide open and i only get 8300 rpm any one no what i should look for. any info will help :o|

check plug wires. make sure both are connected & getting spark.
what does it run like? does it bog to get going?
check airbox & filter, clogged?

lots of power for about 30 feet and then its realy slugish. if i am in someones track i can get 80km and when i try and bust my own slows right down to 45km. the sled has the mc turbo on it and i just changed the computer and still the same :o|

not really familiar with turbo'd sleds but what boost you running? check for any leaks around the piping? not sure if they need any special re-mapping for the boost? i'd maybe ask where you got the turbo from or give the company a call.
sounds like it's running out of fuel from the programming (fuel mapping) after you get going. can you hit it full throttle and haul azz or does it just fall flat?
maybe someone can chime in that has a turbo'd phazer, or ideas?

ya it falls on its face. off the line it feels like it wants to go but thats it. my stock gt phazer has more power. i would call the dealer that put the turbo on but i got it with the turbo on..

Are you making proper boost now? Like 10 pds or are you still having problems with it. There are a number of things that it could be, first off it sounds like a fuel problem. Do you have a wideband o2 on it? Might have a problem with the signal to the extra injector or even the fuel line. That could be why it falls flat on its face. Heres a link to a similar problem.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ight=turbo
As for remapping that should be taken care of by the mcx box. But they have been known to fail.

Try changing your powerband to the yellow one. It should help. But whatever you do, DO NOT go to the to white band with black strip down the middle..

but in all honestly I have no clue. Call the dealer who installed the turbo? Have you dont anywork to the sled yourself that would effect the engine performance since you bought it?

Back