• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Survey

How fast is your Viper on normal trails?

• Total voters

i hit 81 in a field I ran out of room but still pulling really hard, completely stock 2014 ltx se with 100 miles when i did the run.

Ok rtx le and hit 81 to 84 every day I was riding in Maine. Probably averaged around 45 mph but when I saw a good straight away I clamped it to see if it would go any faster than 84. No luck though.

Ok here's my thought on top speed, any given model of the viper (rtx, ltx or xtx) all are geared for 104-105 mph with stock gearing figuring that you can get the clutching to a 1 to 1 ratio, with the exception of some of the LE models. Now with stock clutches and if you have perfect conditions or the power to do it, or both, you can achieve a bit of overdrive, however once you get past that 1 to 1 ratio it takes more power to keep the clutches shifting and get more overdrive, most n/a sleds don't have the power to do it. I believe the fastest posted n/a sleds are getting like 106-107 mph in perfect speed conditions on snow. The slp viper posted 107 mph in their video running on ice. Now I know it takes extra power to get some overdrive, but how much extra? Mine with a turbo and stock gearing shifts out at 109 mph, it gets there in 800-900' then starts hitting rev limiter. That's with stock unmachined clutches. Now keep in mind you need the right conditions to reach that 104-105 mph mark, but without more power you're probably done as there's a good chance you won't pull any overdrive. Mine last year, all stock with a clutch kit, best top speed in perfect conditions was 104 mph but couldn't pull more without more power. 104 mph came very fast tho, would've been very neat to seen what the stocker could've done with taller gearing.

Weasel33 I saw 90 first thing this morning hard packed and could have gotten more out probably 93-95ish. Ours kind of acts the same. I wonder if the deep lug track is sucking up some power but then the longer tracks would all be affected. I guess that theory won't work. Some days I can barely hit 80 then other days 90 comes easy.

Curtis, I can see the 1.7 in track sucking up some speed but not 15 mph. Like nos-pro it may be something with the ecu because there is a pretty bad stumble at takeoff. I wanted the sled to get 15 mpg and now I have it. Now we all have to figure out how to get these sleds to consistently hit 94. Outside of top speed this sled is pretty awesome! If 84 is all I can get out of it then oh well, I'll have to stay on twisty trails and not run rr beds all day long.

Ya I hear ya ran all day with 3 Apexs and turbo viper and didn't have problem at all keeping up. The mid is so good on them. I was plesently surprised.

There is nothing like a top speed of 10-15mph while driving on a wooded hillside in the deep powder as you zig and zag through the trees. So I guess my average top speed is 12.5mph on my normal trail.

Last edited:
Just like I have been talking to TD and Weasel, I am kinda kepping track of the year or if the ECU was re-flashed compared to the models.....

I will add after mine was re-flashed, I am not seeing the mph numbers i used to see all the time. Plus I had the pop/fart issue at 2,700 after the re-flash which I had to clean up with my PC5 otherwise my very own COTC setup was engaging high at 3,800....and that threw me for a loop.

If everyone with the 2014 models who DID NOT or DID get the re-flash, please edit your comment here or even in the post your clutch setup as I am trying to keep an eye on this issue. I'm still stuck on this ECU thing as it makes sense. You look at everyone with a 2015 and the numbers don't match up to the 2014 mph's I have seen. I think timing was taken out as well as fuel. I know for damn sure the fuel was taken away on mine.

Last night I tore apart my sled, my 2 1/4 paddle 153" is out now and the stock 141" cobra track is going back in. All bearings look good, but my top 21 gear bushing is really wore out. I purchased a new gear just before winter and that new gear is in it now. No problems with reverse ever, but it was far too sloppy for me.

2014 Ltx se, reflash was done, hurricane hindle power upgrade with the clutching, average on ice after numerous runs is anywhere from 103-105

93 mph on hard packed groomed trail. Stock clutching with extra weight added for mods. 2014 ltx se with reflash.

Last edited:
110 mph with 7 pounds of boost Push Turbo pump gas

A Very Disappointing 153k or 95mph! Viper RTX SE, MBRP trail can and Ulmer Racing stage 4 clutch kit. I can beat Ski Doo1200 out of the hole but then get walked around 80mph. I do Love the pull and ride in the trails!

110 mph with 7 pounds of boost Push Turbo pump gas

How much of a run do you need to reach 110?

Best I've seen with my Hurricane turbo is 105 in about 1500 feet on a plowed track.

Stock, it was tapped out at 95 on snow.

About 90% of my trails are tight & twistey, so I am going to say 70-80 mph.
Top speed I have not tried yet.
I am running the Hurricane 190 kit.

Back