• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top Speed Survey

How fast is your Viper on normal trails?

• Total voters

Familyman has 72.5 grams total weight.

Add 3 more to the 100mph club. 2014 and 15 LTX ' s and a 2015 RTX-LE. All 3 are set up the same. Excell, Mbrp and clutched. Speeds were between 103 and 105 in a distance of 3/8 of a mile on ice. Speeds were verified by gps. As a comparison a stock 2015 XRS had 102. Very confident that 110/112 could be achieved in a 1/2 mile on a similar surface.

2014 XF7000 factory stock with 450 miles on it. 86 mph @ 8750rpms.

Did u ever put heavier weights in yours? I know all the 14 7000's I've driven needed heavier weights as they would rev too high
As far as I know, it has the stock 57 gram weights. Prior to delivery, I e-mailed copies of all re-calls, and service bulletins, that I was aware of. One of the service bulletins was for the possible over rev situation. Dealer said that all re-calls had been done, but no itemized documentation on the sales receipt as I requested. I purchased 60 gram weights, but did not install. Wanted to get a couple miles on first.

I expected to hit the rev limiter crossing Devil Track lake last Friday. Nope. 86mph @ 8750rpms. The sled is ready for it's first oil change. I'll pull a weight to see what's really in there. So far, I love this machine. I knew that it wasn't a lake racer going in. I wanted a comfortable trail machine with spirit. And that's exactly what it is.

As far as I know, it has the stock 57 gram weights. Prior to delivery, I e-mailed copies of all re-calls, and service bulletins, that I was aware of. One of the service bulletins was for the possible over rev situation. Dealer said that all re-calls had been done, but no itemized documentation on the sales receipt as I requested. I purchased 60 gram weights, but did not install. Wanted to get a couple miles on first.

I expected to hit the rev limiter crossing Devil Track lake last Friday. Nope. 86mph @ 8750rpms. The sled is ready for it's first oil change. I'll pull a weight to see what's really in there. So far, I love this machine. I knew that it wasn't a lake racer going in. I wanted a comfortable trail machine with spirit. And that's exactly what it is.

Gotcha, curious to see exactly what weights are in it, the ones I drove would over rev right out of the box so once they got miles and broke in they were worse yet, yours sounds like she'll run real good with some more miles!

In my earlier reply, she fell off at 94 and stayed there, the other day she got to 97 with no issue before I had to shut it down, good long run though, I guess shes getting broke in. We may break 100 yet.

Bone stock 14 ZR7000LXR at 1500 miles on odo, flat field, fairly freshly groomed. All updates done including weights and a trunk full of whatnot;)!

Cheers, Todd

Very confident that 110/112 could be achieved in a 1/2 mile on a similar surface.

I don't think a stock viper with muffler and clutching will ever see that speed, even on ice, let alone in 1/2 mile.

2014 XF7000 factory stock with 450 miles on it. 86 mph @ 8750rpms.

What were the conditions? I know guys talk about inconsistency but I wouldn't be surprised if conditions people are running them in are playing just as much a part. In addition to guys that like to fib about their speed. We all know how much of a difference it makes and you need snow that you can barely compress or ice to hit the c-note. Any clutching that is off, too tight a track and all the other factors will knock off speed off in a hurry. I have squeaked 100 out of it numerous times all stock besides a clutch kit but 95% of the time I don't have the conditions or room to do it. I haven't tried since adding a muffler and more clutching. It's not going to happen with all the snow I've been in. High 80's and 90's are the norm on the trail. Squeaking over 100 is on the rare days I see the right conditions , but it will do it.

Riding Southern Ontario yesterday! Trails were pretty fast with a bit of loose snow! Fastest was 143km or 90mph. I Love the pull from start to 120kmph but wish it had more top end!

Back