• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tora Tora Torx

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Does Arctic Cat own stock in Torx bolts? I found a loose bolt up front on sway bar. I used a 13mm wrench on one side & some stupid little torx on the other. I had to use a bit & try to hold it with a little 5/16' wrench.

Here's my nuts & bolts rule on nuts & bolts: Whatever size wrench you use on one side you must use same size wrench on the other. 13mm bolt head=13mm nut! Nice & simple.

Steve's simple life rules:

1. Stand for the National Anthem
2. Don't yell at your mom
3. Lie to your girl when she asks "does this make me look fat"
4. 13mm bolt=13mm nut

P.S: Paying homage to the Dec 7th attack on Pearl Harbor is very ironic considering this site is really about a Japanese Motor Company

Agree with everything except number 3. Ask her if that size is OMG and if she got it at Lane Bryant. Then run

I like the 8,10,12,14 and 17mm rule even better Steve. 11 and 13 and all the rest of the oddballs dont belong on a Yamaha.

Thats what Im going to miss the most going from my Nytro to the sidewinder. I can take the whole Nytro pretty much apart with a 10, 12, 14 and 17. I think skidoo might be worse with using odd size fasteners.

Thats what Im going to miss the most going from my Nytro to the sidewinder. I can take the whole Nytro pretty much apart with a 10, 12, 14 and 17. I think skidoo might be worse with using odd size fasteners.
That rule works for Toyota too! Will say you get used to the Oddballs after two or three times. Cat even threw a USA size I found when I had to replace front framemember. Nothing else fit. Have to find that one. Cant remember which it was!

That 8,10, 12, 14 ,17, 19, 21 ,22, 24 ,27, rule works for most Japanese auto/ power sport makers. The Euro's like those odd( for us) sizes.
The history behind the different sizes on each end of the bolt as told to me is this==before ratcheting wrenches and or socket wrenches everything was taken apart/assembled with hand wrenches (spanners). To avoid having to buy two of every wrench, different sizes were used on each end of the bolt.
May be true or not but that was LONG ago and it irritates me when I come across two different size fasteners on one bolt.
I Recommend to replace as many of the stock bolts as you can on these Cat chassis, they are cheap soft grade 2 junk.

Hey SPACEMAN with the creepy avatar, what year Thundercat you runnin'?
Creepy? The Night King is like the god of Winter. We should be bowing to him. WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!

And yes my Master - what is with all these Torx? I think you're right, AC must get $.03 for every one used in the industry and another $.01 for every Torx bit and driver sold.. The windshield is one thing, but the exhaust bolts? Seriously? And don't get me started on changing the oil . . .

And I'm trying to remember a good quote from the thread's title word play, but all I can honestly remember is "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". Which may have been sub-titled, but the Admiral was sure as hell right.

Yamamoto was a brilliant Japanese Admiral that actually studied in the U.S. That's why he knew Japan and the whole world could not keep up with America's industrial might.

Now we use Torx probably made in China.
How far we've fallen.

I don't watch Game of Thrones, but i still watch MIDWAY every year with my dad...

Hey SPACEMAN with the creepy avatar, what year Thundercat you runnin'?
Steve its an 18 Thundercat. Space is a riding buddy, that's really him in his avatar pic.

Please ask him for a VERY snowy Winter. He can have my soul if he will do that.

Yes we will give up BEERMAN's soul for snow..........Wwwait a second, then nobody will get my humor! Never mind, we can't sacrifice the BEERGOD!

But there are a couple new Arctic Cat guys on TY we may be able to sacrifice....especially if their clutches work better than ours. LOL

Back