• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Seat vs. Mountain Seat

I have about 2k miles on the BTX seat and having a bad back for me it works much better than the stock seat. As Dan said I think the seat isn't too soft I weigh about 260 or so ride ready and I also like the front part how it almost forms a pocket for when riding aggressive. I knew when I bought my LTX and had sat on the BTX and noticed the difference it would be one of my first mods. I got the whole seat for less than 250 mine isn't heated either

Thanks guys for all the great feedback. I think I'm going to go buy the seat foam and the cover. I changed covers on my viper before and it was really easy with a staple gun and turned out great. I think the Mountain Seat should work good from what I'm after. I'm 6'2" and about 200 so would like the little extra height and extra cushion.

How much are you saving by not getting the plastic bottom

Not sure. I went this route as I like the seat cover from a Viper model from 2016 and those seats don't fit on the Sidewinder. So I chose to get the seat cover and foam for about $295 for the combination I wanted. Seems like prices vary for each model.

Bought one off of classifieds and hit it with Dupli-Color paint, seems to be holding up so far. Not a good pic of seat on sled but you get the idea. Also changed side panel and dash to black as it came with too much white.
QHP6vhjm.jpg
And the finished product.
y2RqF7Wl.jpg

Last edited:
One of the best things I did on my sled. Complete new seat shipped to my door for under $250 from Babbitts. Taller and softer. A heavier guy may sink in more. Buy a complete seat takes less than a minute to swap.

I got lucky on my mountain seat, I only paid $100 for a slightly used all black from a member on here(thanks farmershiferl), slightly taller and very comfy, would never go back to trail seat, plus it gave me just enough room to mount a mountain addiction gas can and bag on the tunnel.
IMG_20190218_104211922_HDR-2672x1503.jpg

Last edited:
My dealer had a new 2020 with this seat on the showroom floor early this month. I sat on it, and I'll be adding a MTX seat for next season.

I was able to find a take off Mt. seat last summer from a BTX-LE and installed it this season on my wife's sled. She really likes the softer foam compared to the stock trail seat, and we actually found that with the shorter seat we were able to use a larger waterproof Linq storage bag on the tunnel using the dual position UNT mounting bracket.

upload_2020-3-27_10-4-8.png
upload_2020-3-27_10-10-38.png

I was able to find a take off Mt. seat last summer from a BTX-LE and installed it this season on my wife's sled. She really likes the softer foam compared to the stock trail seat, and we actually found that with the shorter seat we were able to use a larger waterproof Linq storage bag on the tunnel using the dual position UNT mounting bracket.

View attachment 154436View attachment 154437
Can you keep the factory zipper bag behind the seat with the. UNT dual??
Thanks

Can you keep the factory zipper bag behind the seat with the. UNT dual??
Thanks

Not as delivered, not enough clearance at the front of the bracket. I've been looking at cutting off some of the front of the bracket so that I can use the factory zipper bag.

View attachment 154436View attachment 154437
Wow this sled is :bling;)!
where did you get that brace on the running board

Back