• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Seat vs. Mountain Seat

For those of you that started out on the Trail Seat and have switched over to the Mountain Seat, what are your opinions?

I'm looking for a seat that provides a bit more height and a slight more cushion. I should also mention I do 100% trail riding, so looking for your opinions.
Does the new 2021 Mountain Max seat look different than the MTX or BTX SW seat ?

Does the new 2021 Mountain Max seat look different than the MTX or BTX SW seat ?
Don’t think it will work on a sidewinder... I’ve been doing some research on these seats as i would like a higher seat. The gas tanks are different on the 2 strokes and also the seat pan is different.

Where did you get that brace on the running board

The braces are from an Arctic Cat Sno Cross race sled.

Part number 19 in the diagram:
upload_2020-3-29_18-40-27.png

Parts numbers shown here:
upload_2020-3-29_18-41-48.png

These are AC part numbers. Yamaha does not offer these gussets.

Hope this helps. ;)!

WTF? Why an $11 difference between left and right. Mirror image correct?

I copied and pasted the diagram right from a AC parts website. You are spot on with your WTF comment. I remember that there was a difference in price between the L and R gusset when I ordered them a few years ago.

Need to take it up with the bean counters at AC I reckon'.

Go figure. :dunno:

For those of you that started out on the Trail Seat and have switched over to the Mountain Seat, what are your opinions?

I'm looking for a seat that provides a bit more height and a slight more cushion. I should also mention I do 100% trail riding, so looking for your opinions.
I loved Rockerdan's mountain seat on his sled .
Anyone have a red/white one for sale ?
Or maybe another color that I could buy a red/white cover for ?

I believe my buddy has black with some green (cat) with heat as well.
Pm me if interested and i will confirm for you
I'd be interested if nobody else is. Trying to find something for my zr7000 limited.

Anymore feedback on these... Rocker Dan? anyone... I am thinking of doing this to my ThunderCat. I am looking for an all black one off of a 2018 Mountain sidewinder 153, if anyone has one for sale.

Back