• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Tank - Yes or No ???

Trail Tank - Get or Forget

• Yes - Must Have

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No - Not Needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i have it and i love it. But i am still on the verge of having to carry fuel :( I hate to carry fuel. The install was easy and the fit is just fine. I wish i would have got a black one though.

I just picked one up. Don't have it installed but soon will. I was wondering if it would be just as well for me to get the dealer to install the tank for me when I bring it in for a pre season service???
I too need the extra fuel when your doing 300-400 km days and wondering if your going to come upon a gas station. Even though I will have 10 l more I will still have to carry 20 l on back.
Exploring Newfoundland is hard on fuel!!!

It's a pretty easy mod...I say do it yourself, including preseason maintenance. Save your $$$ for fuel.

I just installed one on my sled this past weekend. It was pretty simple and fit better than I was expecting after reading some posts online. I say do it.

fiddlersgreen said:
I was wondering if it would be just as well for me to get the dealer to install the tank for me when I bring it in for a pre season service???

It's not a hard install. If you have the space to work on your sled and enjoy this sort of thing then it's a great DIY job. Just gives you a bit more quality time with your sled when you're not on the snow.

Have my trail tank all buttoned up and ready to go. Also have the Yamie sattle bag gas jugs, but haven't installed them as of yet and possibly won't.

Dan

There have been even more refinements to the Trail Tank for this season folks! Fit and finish has gotten way better!

wow thats the best install i have seen. my buddy has one of the trail tanks and it looks like crap. i am not even interested in them anymore. i am gonna go with the yamaha saddle bag fuel caddies that hold 1.5 gallons of fuel each. still carry as much fuel without sacrificing looks. and if u need to change your plugs there is still room.

Mine doesn't fit very good. Had to loosen the steering gate to get it to move far enough in so my plastics would button up halfway decent. Plastics are still a pain to get on, but having more fuel is nice.

Back