• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Tank - Yes or No ???

Trail Tank - Get or Forget

• Yes - Must Have

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No - Not Needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The stock tank is useless if you want to do any extended riding. I don't like the side bags as they have the tendency to hook in your feet transitioning the seat.
I have a trail tank and still carry gas. 120-150 kms on the stock tank don't cut it. IMHO

I've been riding with a Trail Tank for a year now. It was one of the better decisions I've made. Most of my rides are 60 -90 miles but my average MPG may get as high as 10. I used to strap a 2-gal reserve can just ahead of my tunnel bag. I had problems with not having the cap on tight and spilling gas on my tunnel bag. The strap connector broke once and the can dangled over the side knocking the cap off spilling the gas. No more fuss or muss.

The installation nighmares were every bit the headache conveyed by others. The fit and finish is marginal. But the extended range is awesome and the difference in the way the sled rides is barely perceptible. I still carry a gallon when the snow is deep cause I don't like taking it easy near the end of the day when there is still car img to be done. I vote yes.

The installation nighmares were every bit the headache conveyed by others. The fit and finish is marginal. But the extended range is awesome and the difference in the way the sled rides is barely perceptible. I still carry a gallon when the snow is deep cause I don't like taking it easy near the end of the day when there is still car img to be done. I vote yes.

I enjoy the extended range and most people cant tell I have it installed, however I fueled up the other day and when I put the gas cap on tight I had fuel pouring out the overflow tube onto my sled deck... I loosened the cap and the fuel stopped flowing.... Anyone else have this issue or know the cause??

Back