• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer Tire Issue

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Guys what the heck is going on here? Is alot of mi on these tires but they are only wore on the extreme inside. Both tires. I keep an eye on pressure and never hauled more than two sled in the trailer. It seems to me like a alignment issue but its torsion Triton 12 ft. What can I do? Whats best tires of this size available? Or just normal? Loadstar 205/65-10 tires

DSC00974.JPG

Drivers side

DSC00975.JPG

Passenger Side

DSC00976.JPG

Must be the tosion axle alignment. Never seen a leaf axle do that. Maybe toed out a bit.

I would take a few measurements to make sure your axle is square to the frame. If it is then I would say its bent slightly somewhere. My snowmobile trailer does the same thing but I know my axle is tweaked a bit so I just swap the tires around every couple trips and that evens the wear out.

Looks like your camber is off on the one tire and its tilted in . If it was a toe problem it would feather or chop the tire across the whole face. Not sure how you could fix it being torsion . I would say two new tires and rotate them . I believe there still is a stub shaft coming out of the Axel and then it attaches to the torsion spring maybe check the shaft for squareness .

Looks like your camber is off on the one tire and its tilted in . If it was a toe problem it would feather or chop the tire across the whole face. Not sure how you could fix it being torsion . I would say two new tires and rotate them . I believe there still is a stub shaft coming out of the Axel and then it attaches to the torsion spring maybe check the shaft for squareness .
This is the problem I have with mine.

Right and they are rotated every year. Wont do any good since wear is on inside of both. Was wondering if anyone ever shimmed the Stubshaft?

Stick with the Loadstar, cheap at Northern Tool and I've never had a problem with them. I run that size on my Pontoon trailer and use to on my 4 place sled/ATV trailer. Switched to 530-12's instead on that one (only 1.5" taller), same load rating but the skinny tires track better on snow covered roads.

I had this same exact issue on my 10ft Triton enclosed. I could not figure out what was the issue other than tire pressure on a trip to Wyoming. So I put on new tires and started over. I am sure now to keep them within 5lbs of max pressure. 45-49lbs at all times. Dropping below will cause it from what I have seen.

Good luck!

looks like the rubbers are going in the tor flex to me. seen it quite a few times at work on higher milage/older trailers. my gf's 5'x10' enclosed with a spring axle does this to the 15" tires on it quite a bit as it is on its 3rd set in 10 years of her owning it.

question, do you store your sleds in it in off season without frame support at rear?

looks like the rubbers are going in the tor flex to me. seen it quite a few times at work on higher milage/older trailers. my gf's 5'x10' enclosed with a spring axle does this to the 15" tires on it quite a bit as it is on its 3rd set in 10 years of her owning it.

question, do you store your sleds in it in off season without frame support at rear?
I do. So you think it should sit higher? Dont see how that affects alignment.

Are you thinking the upper cords are squished so the whole arm is at a angle? Crap if so thats only thing that makes sense. 2013 model. Has had sleds in it year round its whole life. Wonder if they would go back if I put jackstands under axle till winter?

Wheel bearings could be getting bad. Jack up trailer and shake tire to see if there is a lot of play.
They are good. I am going to try taking weight off and putting new tires on. If I see them start to wear will need a new axle I imagine.

Back