• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer Tire Issue

yup, from the pics the rubbers in it are toast. seen some way worse than that.

put the frame on the stands. you want the weight off of the suspension. if you are replacing the axle, see if you can get at 3500 lb one as that one might only be 2000 lb rating. it is a way that manufacturers cheap out on them.

how much did it weigh on a scale without anything in it?
Never weighed it. Sticker says 2500# axle 1615#Cargo Weight so Trailer must be 885#'s.

Just looked it up by axle supplier and it is not made by dexter. I know the dexter stuff is pretty dang tough as I usually only see those because bearings failed.

Just looked it up by axle supplier and it is not made by dexter. I know the dexter stuff is pretty dang tough as I usually only see those because bearings failed.
It says Dexter on tag. So your saying it’s some Chinese or Mexican POS?
upload_2018-10-8_10-48-55.jpeg

i would have said over rated myself. they do build in a bit of a fudge factor on the weights but not that much.

if you are going to replace it and keep the trailer, just put a 3500 lb one under there witch will probably outlast the rest of the trailer.

It says Dexter on tag. So your saying it’s some Chinese or Mexican POS?
View attachment 141816

Looking at the website and sticker, it's a #9 axle. They are 1000 - 2200 # rated. It was manufactured in their Fremont IN plant. That's what the P-12 Fremont designation is. They explaine axle rating as the GVWR less the weight distributed to the tongue so the trailer rating could be 2500 provided that 300# is distributed to the tongue and 2200 to the axle. Least that looks to be the way it is explained on the Dexter website.

Looking at the website and sticker, it's a #9 axle. They are 1000 - 2200 # rated. It was manufactured in their Fremont IN plant. That's what the P-12 Fremont designation is. They explaine axle rating as the GVWR less the weight distributed to the tongue so the trailer rating could be 2500 provided that 300# is distributed to the tongue and 2200 to the axle. Least that looks to be the way it is explained on the Dexter website.
So your thinking I need a heavier axle for my Yamahas! LOL!

Back