• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer Tire Issue

Looking at diagrams. Some axles have a bushing at end. Some dont. The stub on mine is welded on so I would think no way to pull it apart.
upload_2018-10-3_19-30-53.png

Had the same thing on mine. I only had 50 psi in each tire. had a vibration to. The tire calls for 90 PSI which i filled to that level and vibration went away buy the tire wear was done already. What is max pressure on yours.

Had the same thing on mine. I only had 50 psi in each tire. had a vibration to. The tire calls for 90 PSI which i filled to that level and vibration went away buy the tire wear was done already. What is max pressure on yours.
Trailer and tire says 50psi. Thats what I always put in.

Easy fix, sell the the old rusted old pile of crap and get another one and let someone else deal with the headache. To old for this #*$&@.

what load range are they

Well at least its a good lesson. If storing sleds in trailer put axle on jackstands.

yup, from the pics the rubbers in it are toast. seen some way worse than that.

put the frame on the stands. you want the weight off of the suspension. if you are replacing the axle, see if you can get at 3500 lb one as that one might only be 2000 lb rating. it is a way that manufacturers cheap out on them.

how much did it weigh on a scale without anything in it?

I get the same thing on my pop up camper and always assumed
It was from the trailer bouncing side to side as you drag it down the road

I get the same thing on my pop up camper and always assumed
It was from the trailer bouncing side to side as you drag it down the road

it will scrub a bit but not that bad. usually it is an axle issue.

Back