• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer Type likes dislikes and ?s

Yzf thanks for giving the ski guide heads up. Can see how that could be a pain

I upgraded from an open to a stealth 7x23 enclosed. The reason for this brand was purely dimensions- I can stand up without paying extra for extra height (I'm 5 9ish) and the rear door opening was several inches wider than other brands which was important for hauling my dune buggy. So far I am very pleased hauling the buggy and sled this summer.

I'm also running snow tires on my truck for the first time, so hope to be able to make good time safely with this trailer on my f150.

Can you fit 2 sleds side by side in a 7' wide trailer if you have one forward and one backward?

Open 10' Tilt: I hate it. I cover my sleds and they still get filthy. Super easy if you're only going a few miles with simple ease of loading and unloading. I like the idea of an enclosed in that I can lock my sled in there, store my sleds in it for the summer, and keep things nice and clean with out any corrosion of parts under the hood.
The only good thing the open trailer is for is showing off my sleds when they go in and out of storage.

Agree, had a few open trailers....sleds were always a mess.

Had 2 smaller enclosed trailers. They were good for keeping the mess off but a pain to load....especially when you clank your noggin.

My 27 foot inline was a great trailer. Could it have been a little taller? Oh yes. But I have already fit 5 short track sleds in it. Racing on asphalt we had all the cool downs, clutching bins, fuel cans and tools, 3 sleds and a 4-wheeler....there was still room to get around.

The 27 foot inline was sold Friday so now it's back to a big trailer. Trying to find the best deal on a 8.5 x 28 foot enclosed with V-nose. Right now a place in Iowa has one, or Georgia where they make them. Trouble is the 2,230 mile drive to and from Georgia

Agree, had a few open trailers....sleds were always a mess.

Had 2 smaller enclosed trailers. They were good for keeping the mess off but a pain to load....especially when you clank your noggin.

My 27 foot inline was a great trailer. Could it have been a little taller? Oh yes. But I have already fit 5 short track sleds in it. Racing on asphalt we had all the cool downs, clutching bins, fuel cans and tools, 3 sleds and a 4-wheeler....there was still room to get around.

The 27 foot inline was sold Friday so now it's back to a big trailer. Trying to find the best deal on a 8.5 x 28 foot enclosed with V-nose. Right now a place in Iowa has one, or Georgia where they make them. Trouble is the 2,230 mile drive to and from Georgia

The best deal on new that I got BY FAR was at Johns trailer sales in Middlebury Indiana. He was nearly 3 k $ less than my local guy with the exact same Neotrailer 26 x7. Well worth my drive, have loved the trailer so far 3 rd season, maybe 2000miles of towing. Used every day as load unload and store during winter.

Yamadoo / Mark

The best deal on new that I got BY FAR was at Johns trailer sales in Middlebury Indiana. He was nearly 3 k $ less than my local guy with the exact same Neotrailer 26 x7. Well worth my drive, have loved the trailer so far 3 rd season, maybe 2000miles of towing. Used every day as load unload and store during winter.

Yamadoo / Mark

I loved my inline....more miles than I have ever put on a trailer, it went everywhere.

I will look him up. I found a 26 x 8.5 car hauler v-nose, brand new for $4,300 with a 5 year warranty. Calling on shipping this morning.

Wow I don't think anyone can compete with that. Good luck Mark

I'm talking to a friend about his 2006 R&R 7x25 inline. Does anyone have an older R&R to give feedback? He used it for hauling sleds, quads and for his contracting business. Just wonder if they hold up over time? I'd be upgrading from my 12 foot ride on/ride off Aluma clamshell trailer. We haven't talked prices yet. I'd love to get your feedback. Thanks!

Check the axle tubes if it has the tor-flex axles.
The axle tubes are known for rusting thru, about a foot or so in from the ends.
The trailers themselves seem to hold up well.
Mine is about that age and we put a lot of miles on it every year (6,000+) and have only done normal maintenance each year.

I Down-Graded from a 28' American Hauler Inline to a Stealth 7x23 Inline, Pretty Sweet little trailer to pull around and back up in tight spots. This 3 Door looks as good as it works:-o

Check the axle tubes if it has the tor-flex axles.
The axle tubes are known for rusting thru, about a foot or so in from the ends.
The trailers themselves seem to hold up well.
Mine is about that age and we put a lot of miles on it every year (6,000+) and have only done normal maintenance each year.

Thanks Agman57. Does your trailer have seamless panels, rivets or screws. I think this '06 has rivets, we were assuming based on the model year. It is parked at his cottage up north now so I haven't had a chance to look it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pay2Play,
mine has rivets. Have had no issues with trailer itself.
Dexter had trouble with axle tubes rusting for a few years. Not sure the exact years, but back in the time frame you are talking about I believe.
Axles are not real pricey if they need replaced. As long as you get the trailer bought right, you should be alright.

Back