• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer Rod Mod for Apex/Attak

I think that the TS3 from BENDER is for the proactive ck suspension...

rapeape said:
Though I have no problems with the clunking, this post has got me thinking of a repair.

I think that those light duty rubber grommets used to fix the noise will disintegrate in a few hundred miles and you'll be back to square 1.

Would it be possible to put in a solid bar instead of the transfer rod? If not, why?

Thanks
Kevin

Well if they do disintegrate, I will just replace them again and again. They are only .30 cents a piece and it takes me 20 minutes now that I am familiar with it.

Control Rod

I replaced my nylon washers with o-rings first and they lasted about 90 miles. I then used garden hose washers after 200 hundred miles I checked them and they were OK. Yamaha change the spacers on the 2008 Vector. The part number 8GM-47384-00-00 and they only use 1 under the Hex Bolt and another in the transfer rod tube under the white nylon spacer. These have some give to them. The 2008 Apex still uses the old setup, I don't know why. Snow is gone now so I won't know until next year how the new washers work.

record snow up here in northern maine this year so i think i'll do this fix to mine cause we will probably ride until 4th of july,these pics were from about a month ago,i'll post some updated ones tomorrow,havent seen a winter like this since early 80's

Attachments

• DSCN0365.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN0368.JPG
    DSCN0368.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 100
I've installed anti seize compound in one and it quieted it down tremendously....I think the compound cushions and cant see how it could hurt

updated snowbank after cleaning yard this morning

Attachments

• DSCN0431.JPG
    DSCN0431.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 107
Rappa I have done the same thing with the exception of putting o-rings on the grommets where the groove is. It works very well except it does not last.

Mine went about 1000 miles before they broke, due to the low temps they get hard and brittle and with being hammered they eventually brake and jam the rod.

Next year I am going to try springs on the shaft and in the tube to dampen the noise.

Red Rider, I was seriously thinking about some type of spring. I even went looking for the perfect setup to put a spring in there. I couldn't find anything that I liked at the time but I will definitely revisit that idea again. Please post if you come up with something!

Back